Organizational Needs Assessment - Transition to Leadership
The Organizational Needs Assessment covers five core areas in your workplace. Using this tool will help determine whether skills gaps are affecting your organization's performance and identify which skills may require upgrading. Read each statement carefully. Indicate whether you agree or disagree with each statement. Make sure your responses relate to your organization. Once complete, an Essential Skills advisor will help interpret your scores and identify your organizational learning needs.
Name of Organization:
Needs Assessment Completed by:
Position Within Organization:
Contact E-mail Address:
Date Picker Icon
1. Our line managers receive periodic training on how to engage, motivate and retain talent.
2. There is a clear alignment between the shared vision of our organization and its teams.
3. Our line managers use people management strategies, including mentorship, building professional relationships, and providing feedback.
4. Succession planning is intrinsic to our organizational culture.
5. Our line managers and senior employees coach co-workers and contribute to building a culture of continuous learning.
6. Our line managers analyze complex problems.
7. Our line managers have an accurate picture of their strengths and weaknesses and are willing to improve.
8. Our line managers build good working relationships with others.
9. Our line managers demonstrate an interest in managing outside of their current function.
10. Our line managers are able to adjust to ethnic and regional expectations regarding human resource practices.
11. Our line managers show interest and sensitivity to their team's needs.
12. Our line managers not only involve their teams, but listen and build commitment.
13. Our line managers recognize personal limits and strengths.
14. Our line managers translate vision into realistic business strategies and long-term objectives.
15. Our line managers respond to co-workers and external parties diplomatically.
16. We have implemented training programs to help line managers lead teams of diverse backgrounds, including different nationalities and age groups.
17. Our line managers act in accordance with the principles of sustainability.
18. Our organization's leadership shows concern for how change will affect teams.
19. Our line managers both support and take on the roles of coach, mentor, and facilitators of learning.
Should be Empty: