REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING E-PASSPORT
(ALSO applicable to those seeking renewal/reissue of e-passport)
1. Passport Application form to be completed and emailed to you.
2. Payment Slip will be emailed to you after we obtain the reciept from NIS
3. Acknowledgement Slip will be emailed to you after we obtain the Slip from NIS
4. Expired Nigerian Passport
5. Photocopy of Applicant’s data page of Nigerian Passport
6. Two current passport-size photographs preferably with white background
7. There may be a Biometrics processing fee in USPS money order payable to the Consulate General of Nigeria, Atlanta only during remote passport intervention. Disregard if you are going to the Consulate.
8. There may be an Additional Intervention Administration fee payable to the Facilation team during remote passport intervention. Disregard if you are going to the Consulate.
9. For applicants between the ages of 0-17, please pay close attention to the "REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18" section, as there are additional requirements for minors.
*Applicant will be required to appear in person for biometric and image acquisition.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Applicants under the age of 18 (eighteen) are required to provide the following:
1. Completed online application
2. Copy of child’s birth certificate
3. Letter of Consent jointly signed by child's both parents
4. Photocopies of the parents’ passports data page. One of the passport data pages must be a Nigerian Passport.
5. Payment Slip
6. Acknowledgment Slip
7. Child's current two passport-size photographs preferably with white background, and
8. Processing fee of thirty dollars ($100) in money order or cashier check payable to the Embassy of Nigeria.
9. Applicant will be required to appear in person for biometric and image acquisition.
ADULT (FIRST TIME APPLICANT)
In addition to providing all the above REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING E-PASSPORT
1. Non Nigerian born applicants must provide a copy of the Nigerian passport and letter of authorization from a Nigerian parent that appears on his/her birth certificate as right of citizenship.
2. Applicant’s birth certificate
PERMANENT ADDRESS IN NIGERIA
ADDRESS IN UNITED STATES
NEXT OF KIN ADDRESS IN NIGERIA
PASSPORT PROCESSING COUNTRY, STATE AND OFFICE