New York State School Counselor Association (NYSSCA) Annual Conference 2016
November 18-19—Tarrytown DoubleTree, NY
The NYSSCA Outstanding Program, Practice or Project Award recognizes the best professional practice in the field which is developmental and sequential in nature as conducted during the previous school year. Nominations should reflect cutting edge theory or practice in the field and offer evidence of impact on students or the professional community. Nominations can be made by the nominee or a colleague of the nominee. The award will be presented at the NYSSCA Annual Conference.
Submission criteria include:
(1) The nominee must be a current member of NYSSCA;
(2) Using information specific to the previous school year, submit a three to five page narrative describing the program, practice or project using the recognition criteria listed below as a guide;
(3) Submit evidence or examples of the program’s support and success, such as brochures, letters or recommendation, media coverage, etc.
(4) Include program data and its relevance to the district’s comprehensive school counseling program.
Recognition Criteria include activities and accomplishments that have taken place over the span of the nominee’s career including:
(1) the program, practice or project must demonstrate leadership in the promotion of comprehensive school counseling development
(2) the program, practice or project involves all students and is integrated into the school curriculum or climate;
(3) the program, practice or project is delivered or coordinated by a certified school counselor(s);
(4) the program, practice or project includes academic, social/emotional and/or college/career domains as described in the New York State Comprehensive Program;
Deadline for submissions is: October 15, 2016
If you have questions, please email questions to Past President Dr. Barbara Donnellan at