BAS Studio Sale Unframed 2023
Conditions of sale – please read carefully
1. ELIGIBILITY: The BAS Studio Sale is open to current Blackheath Art Society members only.
2. ENTRY LIMITS: There is a limit of 20 works per artist, up to A1 (594 x 841mm). A set of editions (prints, photographs or
giclée reproductions) counts as a single work. Cards (postcards, greeting cards, fine art cards) are not included in this limit.
3. FEE: there is no entry fee for the sale.
4. DELIVERY: Works are to be delivered and collected from the Studio, 139a Station Street, Blackheath:
a. Delivery of works: Wednesday 1st November 2pm - 5pm
b. Collection of works: Sunday 5th November, 5-6pm OR Wednesday 8th November, 2-5pm
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each work should:
a. be for sale and priced at a minimum of $25 for works that fit in an A4 sleeve, a minimum of $45 for works between A4 and A3, a minimum of $65 for works between A3 and A2, and a minimum of $85 for works between A2 and A1.
Greetings or fine art cards should be minimum $5-$10 each depending on size.
b. be an original individual work on paper, or a numbered edition of prints, or photographs or Giclée reproductions
c. be signed, with the title and year of the work in the bottom margin, or on the back.
a. works will be displayed in portfolios of appropriate size owned by Blackheath Art Society
b. acid-free portfolio sleeves of a size appropriate for your work must be supplied by you, or purchased from
BAS at $1 (A4), $2 (A3), $3 (A2), $11 (A1) when you deliver your works
i. if your work is in an edition, you will be asked to purchase/bring one sleeve, and if you sell more than one from the edition the cost of additional sleeves will be deducted from the sale price
ii. you may supply your own sleeves, but they must be acid-free and of good quality
c. one work per sleeve: sleeves will be given to the buyer with sold works, or be returned to you if the work is unsold
d. you are encouraged to include an artist card or other contact information in each sleeve
e. works must NOT be framed (thin mat boards that fit in the selected sleeve size are fine. NO FOAMCORE)
f. make sure work is dry and pastels/charcoal fixed
g. greeting or fine art cards must be supplied with an appropriate envelope and cellophane sleeve (please contact Jo if you need to source cellophane sleeves).
7. COMMISSION is 25% of the sale price.
8. GST: It is the personal responsibility of artists, other than hobbyists, to send the appropriate contribution to the Australian
Tax Office if their work is sold.
9. INSURANCE: You are responsible for their own insurance of works. Whilst every care will be taken, no responsibility is accepted for loss, theft or damage while in custody or transit, nor for works not collected within the time specified.
10. INDEMNITY: By signing this entry form you indemnify the Society and each of its managers against actions for breach of copyright and or actions for passing-off caused by works exhibited by you at any and all exhibitions of the Society.