1. The BAS Studio Sale is open to current Blackheath Art Society members only.
2. There is a limit of 20 works per artist. A set of editions counts as a single work. Cards (postcards, greeting cards, fine art cards) are not included in this limit.
3. FEE: there is no entry fee for the sale, but acid-free portfolio sleeves of a size appropriate for your work must be supplied by you or purchased from BAS at $1 (A4), $2 (A3), $3 (A2) when you deliver your works. If your work is in an edition, you will be asked to purchase one sleeve, and if you sell more than one from the edition the cost of additional sleeves will be deducted from the sale price. You may supply your own sleeves, but they must be of good quality.
4. Works are to be delivered and collected from the Studio, 139a Station Street, Blackheath:
a. Delivery of works: Wednesday 4th November 2pm - 6pm
b. Collection of works: Sunday 8th November, 5-6pm; Monday 9th November 3-4pm;
Wednesday 10th November, 2-6pm
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each work should:
a. be for sale and at a price no less than $25 for works A4 or smaller, $50 for works between A4 and A3 or $75 for works between A3 and A2; greetings or fine art cards should be a minimum of $5
b. be an original individual work on paper, or a numbered edition of prints, photographs or Giclée reproductions
c. be signed, with the title and year of the work in the bottom margin, on the mat board or on the back.
a. greeting or fine art cards should be supplied with an appropriate envelope and cellophane sleeve
b. works will be displayed in portfolios of appropriate size owned by Blackheath Art Society
c. works must NOT be framed (mat boards that fit in the selected sleeve size are fine, if not too thick)
d. make sure work is dry and pastels/charcoal fixed
e. sleeves will be given to the buyer with sold works, or be returned to the artist if the work is unsold
f. you are encouraged to include an artist card or other information about yourself.
7. COMMISSION is 25% of the sale price.
8. GST: It is the personal responsibility of artists, other than hobbyists, to send the appropriate contribution to the Australian Tax Office if their work is sold.
9. INSURANCE: Exhibitors are responsible for their own insurance of works. Whilst every care will be taken, no responsibility is accepted for loss, theft or damage while in custody or transit, nor for works not collected within the time specified.
10. INDEMNITY: By signing this entry form you indemnify the Society and each of its managers against actions for breach of copyright and or actions for passing-off caused by works exhibited by you at any and all exhibitions of the Society.