Anesthesiologist Minimum Requirements
1. Current licensure
2. Minimum of three years operating room experience in a hospital, surgical center or office setting with OR suites.
3. Candidate must be currently working as an anesthesiologist and must work a minimum of 400 hours/year in an OR setting.
4. Candidate must have at least two years OR experience which has included hand and/or orthopedic exposure. Patient populations should include both adult and pediatric patients.
5. Letter of recommendation from current, immediate supervisor.
6. Ability and willingness to teach host colleagues in the OR with formal and informal educational sessions.
7. Personal characteristics must include comfort with pediatric and adult patients, flexibility, the ability to work well within a team, cooperation, good communication skills, inventive skills, a positive attitude and tolerance of stress under conditions of hard work and long hours.
8. Physical capabilities must include the ability to work long hours, often under varying environmental conditions, as well as the absence of physical impairments which would hinder one"s ability to fully function as a team member.
9. Sensitivity to cultural differences and the appropriate public relations skills.
10. Preference may be given to anesthesiologists with fluency in the native language of the trip site.
Please complete and return this form to our office with the following items:
-One letter of reference.
-Letter explaining your interest in volunteering with Touching Hands Project, describing any experience you may have working or traveling in developing countries.
-Copy of Current License
Please contact Julia Epplin-Zapf at
with any questions or outstanding application items.