RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER
• I acknowledge and understand that as a volunteer of South Side Street Dogs. I am not covered by workers’ compensation or any other insurance policy through South Side Street Dogs for any damages or injuries I may sustain during volunteer activities. I understand that I am responsible for obtaining health insurance coverage through an independent health insurance company.
• I fully understand that as a part of my volunteer work for South Side Street Dogs I will come into contact with animals either by directly handling them, fostering or through assisting in the care and adoption. Further, I understand that working with animals carries a risk of injury, and that it is possible that I may be bitten, scratched, and/or otherwise injured.
• I fully understand that as a volunteer and/or foster home for South Side Street Dogs, my family may come in contact with animals at South Side Street Dogs events, and I and my family and/or guests may come into contact with animals in my home if I am fostering an animal. I understand that working with animals carries a risk of injury, and it is possible that my family and/or guests may be bitten,scratched and/or otherwise injured.
• Further, I recognize the dangers of field work in Houston's South Side and assume that risk releasing South Side Street Dogs of all liability.
• I understand that because I may handle and/or come in contact with animals, it is important to discuss being vaccinated against tetanus with my physician. I release South Side Street Dogs from all responsibility that may occur, and because of my not pursuing this matter further and I understand whatever decision I make is at my own risk. I have read, understand and agree to the above tetanus information.
• My e-signature to this volunteer liability release attests to my intent to hold harmless and release from all liability South Side Street Dogs or any of its past, present or future Officers, agents, volunteers, employees or assigns, from all acts which are related to the normal performance of required and implied duties. My signature, whether original, by fax or any other electronic means, is valid as if it were an original signature.