Thank you for taking the time to fill out this Adoption Application. Once we have reviewed the information provided, we will contact you.
• Please review our criteria for adoption carefully. We have very specific and strict requirements due to the result of issues that directly affect rescued Dachshunds
• A secure Fenced Yard is required. Must be constructed of solid wood or chain link material, and must have no gaps under the fence or gate areas which would allow for escape. Electronic fencing is not an acceptable alternative
• Apartment living is not allowed- must have or rent a house with a fenced yard
• Adopters must be over 21, no exceptions
• We will only allow adoptions to non-smoking homes
• Rescued Dachshunds are needier than other breeds of dogs and will do best in a family with a stay at home parent (retired/work from home) and only older children (over the age of 10) who understand the special needs of Dachshunds. We adopt our rescued dogs only to potential adopters who stay at home, work part time or are retired. If you work full time and are not at home during the day we are unable to allow an adoption.
You will be required to sign a contract, agreeing that if for any reason the rescue dachshund does not work out, it is to be returned to us. We retain the right to reclaim any pet which is kept under conditions constituting violation of our contract and agreement. If you sell or relinquish this dog to anyone else, you could be prosecuted for violation of the adoption agreement. We do not offer cash refunds of any kind for any reason. We may offer an exchange for another pet if you choose.
The dog's character, temperament, health, and physical condition represented by Oregon Dachshund Rescue, Inc. is in good faith. The new owner(s) will agree to release, hold harmless and forever discharge the Oregon Dachshund Rescue, Inc. from any and all claims arising from adoption of any of our rescue Dachshunds.
Please email any questions to email@example.com .