The recommended process for our
Board & Train Programs is as follows:
After submitting this form...
1) We will email you to schedule a free, no-obligation 30 minute phone consultation to discuss your goals and preferred program length/dates, and our Availability.
2) Schedule a Visit and an Overnight Trial Stay (can be done together or separately) Please note: Effective Jan. 26th, 2019, we will require the fee up front to book your overnight stay.
3) If your dog is accepted into a program, Put a Deposit down to hold their place during the dates agreed upon
4) Have us Come to Your Home to Pick up your dog (additional fee) for the Program Intake (first day of their program). We discuss the program details at length, have you sign release forms, and see your dog's environment. You will also receive a Training Packet to read during your dog's program.
5) Your dog comes to our place for the entire length of the program. (sorry, no visits are allowed during this time)
6) Do the first Private Lesson (last day of their program). Depending on your dog and situation, we can do this either here or at your home (additional fee).
7) You will receive a write up of what we went over and our recommendations, sent by email, within 2 days of our Lesson.
8) Do the second Private Lesson (must be done within one month of their return home)... we highly recommend doing this within the first week. Depending on your dog and situation, we can do this either here or at your home (additional fee).
9) You will receive a write up of what we went over and our recommendations, sent by email, within 2 days of our Lesson.
10) We will follow up with you (by email) periodically following your dog's program to make sure the transition is going smoothly.
OPTIONAL: You may purchase additional lessons and/or behavior consultations in order to work on your handling skills
Optional, but Recommended: Enroll into an appropriate group training class to work on your handling skills, your relationship with your dog, and to better maintain their training.
RECOMMENDED: Bring your dog back to us periodically throughout your dog's life for refresher training in order to maintain the sharpness of their training. Depending upon how much continued training you are doing on your own, we typically recommend bringing them back once per year.