• a Santa Fe public school of choice;
• a 7-12 grade magnet school which utilizes the International
• based on a holistic curricula with a focus on internationalism and
culture, offering English and Spanish as "Primary" Languages and
Spanish and Chinese as "Acquired" languages;
• an IB MYP (Middle Years Program) and DP (Diploma Program) candidate school, which began
with grades 7 and 8 in the 2014-15 school year. This year's 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th graders will move up to 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th grades for the upcoming 2017-18 school year;
• is a school which selects its students by lottery. A new 7th grade
class of 50 students will be selected by lottery. 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th
grade students will also be admitted by lottery as space becomes
The expectation is that students choose MIMS until their graduation to take full advantage of the IB program. If a student is not chosen in the initial lottery, he or she will be placed on
a waiting list for the next available opening.
Applications can be submitted at any time until the deadline, February
24, 2017 at 5:00 pm MST. Submitted applications after this date will
be considered only after all others are considered first.
The lottery will be held on March 3, 2017.