St. Anne’s Grant Giving Mission Statement
The mission of outreach at St. Anne’s Catholic Church is to model the love of Christ by helping the underserved, the disadvantaged, and others broken by life’s circumstances. While providing immediate needs such as food, clothing and shelter, outreach volunteers also offer service, emotional and spiritual support. Funding is targeted toward Christian programs in the greater Houston area, particularly those with opportunities for our volunteers to build relationships through hands-on involvement.
St. Anne’s Catholic Church Priority Funding
St. Anne’s gives priority to ministries that have many or all of these characteristics:
• Are faith based,
• Bring about systemic change for children, families, disadvantaged and underserved
• Provide basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter or the means to provide basic needs for oneself
• Serve within the greater Houston area, and
• Provide volunteer opportunities for St. Anne’s members.
St. Anne’s Catholic Church Does Not Provide Grants for:
• Testimonial dinners, fundraising events, marketing events or symposiums,
• Political purposes either directly or indirectly,
• Government agencies,
• Fraternity or sorority purposes,
• Other grant making entities, for example “pass-thru” organizations or companies
• Coverage of past operating deficits or debts.
• Seminary funding
Types of Support
Grants are made for the following purposes:
• Project or program support,
• Matching grant,
• Capacity building grant to further expand an agency’s effectiveness,
• Physical, dental and emotional well-being of the underserved, and
• Addressing hunger needs
• Collaborative effort funding
St. Anne’s Catholic Church makes grants to nonprofit, tax exempt organizations. St. Anne’s reviews requests quarterly but considers only one application from an organization within a calendar year. Former grant recipients who have not submitted acceptable progress reports in a timely manner shall not be eligible for funding in the current year.
Grant Application, Deadlines, and Process
An applicant must submit two paper copies of a fully completed St. Anne’s Catholic Church Grant Application, and both must be accompanied by two copies of the organization’s:
• Copy of the latest IRS letter(s) regarding its current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) or Section 170( c) and its public charity status under Section 509(a)(1), (2) or (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. • Current board of directors or trustees list,
• Current budget for the specific project (if applicable),
• Current financial statement,
• Current annual operating budget, and
• Most recent audited financial statement.
No email applications/documentation will be accepted. An application must be submitted by the first of the month to:
Jane Doe Outreach Ministries
St. Anne’s Catholic Church
Houston, Texas 77098
Applications must be received by the first of the month @ 5:00pm. Applications that do not follow the requirements will not be considered. An email acknowledgment will be sent to the applicant within 10 days of receiving its grant request and will note if the application is complete or not. Submitted materials will not be returned.
All inquiries should be directed to Jane Doe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before an organization is considered a grant reviewing committee member will contact the agency to schedule a site visit.
By the second week following a quarter all applicants will be notified in writing about any action taken by St. Anne Catholic Church. If a grant is awarded, a check will be mailed by the first of the following month.
Each recipient shall resubmit a report describing the process made and/or milestones achieved in furtherance of the purposes of the grant by the end of the period of the grant or by the time the funds have been expended.
Commitment to Informed Grant-making
St. Anne’s performs due diligence on all grant applicants to assure the organization is an effective and healthy nonprofit organization. St. Anne’s takes into consideration not only the written application, but also the results of telephone interviews and site visits. After a grant is awarded, grantees are required to provide documentation about the project’s fulfillment/completion.
Not All Projects Can Be Funded
St. Anne’s Catholic Church has the responsibility for the final approval of each grant. Since St. Anne’s Catholic Church receives funding requests that far exceed our grant budgets, we cannot fund every worthy project. A decision not to fund a proposal does not reflect on the merits of the proposal or the applicant’s organization.