To attend this training, you MUST be:
- Sworn law enforcement officer/deputy in Oregon or Washington.
- Currently assigned to or have an imminent appointment to a tactical team.
- Be in good physical condition with no light duty restrictions.
- Attending on behalf of your agency covered by your own agency’s worker’s comp insurance
- Have your own kit to include tactical vest, helmet, gas mask, primary and secondary weapon systems.
It is requested that team medics only register if they have completed a reserve police officer academy -or- regularly attend law enforcement oriented training provided by their host agency meant to facilitate their lawful ability to deploy as part of a tactical team.
It is requested that K9 handlers only apply if they regularly train and deploy with a tactical team in more than just a containment capacity, or have an imminent appointment to begin doing so (as an integrated tactical K9, for example). OTOA supports tactical K9 integration and has plans to soon begin offering training specific to that dynamic.
If you feel you do not meet the above criteria, but still wish to be considered for registration, please contact Mike Brooder at firstname.lastname@example.org.