Answers Car Care Quiz
1. Drivers caught without car insurance can be
go to jail
2. Not showing proof of insurance if you are stopped by the police for any reason can result in a
$175-$350 for 1st offense
3. When you remove the oil stick from under the hood, oil should be hitting the top line if not how much oil needs to be added?
one quart at a time until oil is raised to the upper line
4. You can provide a digital photo or proof of your car insurance to a policeman?
5. How can insurance companies help you?
they work with other companies to work out financial responsibility
they can help you with the claim process
they help to resolve claims in a reasonable amount of time
6. Where can you find the proper pressure (psi) for your tires?
on the driver door
in the car manual
7. Where do you fill your tires?
you can fill on your own at some gas stations
any auto parts store
oil & lube garage
8. If car insurance serve as supplemental health insurance, what costs can it help you pay (if needed)?
extended care needs
loss of work compensation
9. Check all discounts that can be provided to lower your insurance premiums:
paid in full discount
good student discount
safety device discount
10. Insurance companies set their premium rates based on:
age & driving experience
your zip code
your car's make & model
how frequently you drive
prior insurance history
your credit based insurance score
11. If you have several Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) offenses on your record or fail to pay your premiums, insurance companies can refuse to provide you insurance?
True, they have this right
12.What does NHTSA stand for
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
13. Safety factors to consider when choosing a 1st time car:
Electronic Stability Control
presence air bags
safety rating according to NHTSA
14. What is the most important consideration when you choose a car?
make, model, style
duo-purpose (holds a lot of people, truck can move things etc)
15. What typically causes puddles of fluid under your car?
air condition condensation
Should be Empty: