The Operations Assistant is an essential component of the operational structure of the Rocky Mountain State Games (RMSG). Operations Assistants work in conjunction with the Sport Commissioner(s) they are assigned to and serve as that person’s assistant by assuming the following responsibilities:
1. Reports directly to the Sport Commissioner(s) that he/she is assigned to and supports the Sport Commissioner(s) in such a way that allows the Sport Commissioner(s) to focus on the actual competition while utilizing the Operations Assistant to assist with ancillary activities.
2. Assists in all aspects of venue and event management to include: volunteer management, participant and spectator assistance, venue layout and location of amenities, and other duties as assigned.
3. Serve as the communications liaison between Sport Commissioners and the Operations Team and/or RMSG Staff using cell phones or radios.
4. Promote safety in all areas of the event making sure that competition is conducted in a safe and responsible manner. Confirm an open line of communication with medical resources in the event of an injury.
5. Be an ambassador of goodwill and generosity for the Rocky Mountain State Games. Represent the Rocky Mountain State Games in a professional manner.
6. Attend an Operations Assistant training session (Wednesday, July 19) at the Penrose House Garden Pavilion (1661 Mesa Ave.)
7. Build rapport with Sport Commissioners assigned to prior to the event so that all parties will know how event will be conducted and what the Operations Assistant's role will be.
*The Operations Assistant could be asked to work multiple days as the competition schedules dictate. Roving Operations Assistants will also be available to assist in solving problems as directed by the Operations Team.