THE PPIHC MEDIA ACCREDITATION PROCESS
The PPIHC will use the information submitted to determine accreditation status and level; Official Race Media, Special Access Media or Declined.
This application must be received by the PPIHC on or before Wednesday, June 13, 2018. (11:59PM – Mountain Standard Time).
All applications will be carefully screened and applicants will be notified of their accreditation status via e-mail within ten (10) business days of receipt by the PPIHC.
On-site registration will NOT be available during Race Week.
WHAT IS OFFICIAL RACE MEDIA & SPECIAL ACCESS MEDIA?
Due to Pikes Peak’s unique racing environment there is a limited amount of space and resources available to the PPIHC throughout Race Week; therefore, the PPIHC reserves two levels of media accreditation: Official Race Media and Special Access Media.
Official Race Media accreditation is reserved for media outlets providing general race coverage for their audiences or other news distribution with a documented history of news and events coverage. Official Race Media credentials are free of charge.
Special Access Media accreditation is reserved for media outlets attending the PPIHC to cover select vehicles, competitors, and/or teams. Special Access Media credentials are $50 (USD) each.
1) Official Race Media
News organizations producing daily or approved weekly/monthly newspapers; national news/motorsport organizations or magazines/periodicals; internet-based news organizations or motorsport sites; national television/radio networks; local television stations; and/or photo agencies.
2) Special Access Media
- News organizations and photo agencies covering individual or select groups of competitors.
- Employees in marketing, promotions, sales, advertising, public relations, etc.
- Freelance journalists must be on verifiable assignment or may be denied official access.
- Credentials will be issued to authorized personnel only for the purpose of providing timely coverage of the event.
- Representatives must be at least 18 years old as of June 18, 2018 in order to be eligible for media credentials.
If you have any questions about submitting a media credential application, please contact Lisa Haight at Lisa@ppihc.org.