The IT Leadership Forum Technology Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship awarded to Iowa high school seniors who have been involved in technology classes or clubs and plan to pursue a technology-related degree at an Iowa college, university or community college.
Multiple scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded to the class of 2017 (in 2016 twenty scholarships were awarded). To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria and provide the requested information (please have these materials ready before beginning the online application process):
1. The applicant must be an Iowa resident and high school senior graduating in the 2016-2017 school year.
2. Complete this online application form.
3. Provide your high school transcript.
4. Provide two letters of recommendation.
5. Write an essay based on the following question: If you had no restrictions, what is the one application or service you would create/provide using technology and why?
The entry deadline is March 1, 2017.
The applicants will be graded on the information they provide. Bonus points will be applied to applicants who participate in HyperStream, a program sponsored by the Technology Association of Iowa. Winners will be notified on May 1, 2017.
Scholarship recipients must enroll as a full-time student at any community college or four-year college or university based in the state of Iowa. Scholarship awards will be sent directly to the school on August 1, 2017 and credited to the student’s account.
Click "Next" to begin the application process.