1. What do you think are some of the key challenges, questions or knowledge gaps that presently exist relative to Blue Planet Symposium Day 1 Session Themes?
2. Are there existing ocean research projects or programmes that can be better coordinated to improve our knowledge relative to these themes?
3. What additional ocean observations or enhancements/expansion to existing ocean observing systems/networks would be required to effectively address the above questions and knowledge gaps relative to these themes?
4. What do you perceive as priorities for near-term (< 3 years) research studies, observing system pilots, et al. relative to these themes?
5. What do you perceive as priorities for long-term research programmes and sustained ocean observing networks/systems relative to these themes?
6. What relevant community documents, reports, review or synthesis papers would you recommend as important background information for symposium participants?