Dear Applicant and Parent/Guardian(s),
At the time of enrollment, you indicated that you were interested in applying for financial assistance through our partial-tuition reduction program. Tuition Reduction with Outward Bound California is based on financial need, student interest, course availability, and participant schedules as wells as funds available. Please review the information below to get started:
Tuition Reduction Application
– In filling out the tuition reduction application, please keep in mind that we need all of the requested information to assess your financial situation and offer an appropriate award. Incomplete applications can delay the review process and jeopardize your participation in Outward Bound, so be sure to check for accuracy before submitting. A summary of the application requirements is below. Please note: Any reference to “the applicant” refers to the student enrolled on a course with Outward Bound California.
– Please provide detailed financial information regarding the applicant’s household by completing the Financial Overview section. If the applicant is under 21 years old or not self-supporting, financial information from both parents is also required. In the case of divorced parents, we request that you submit complete information for both the primary and the secondary residences.
Federal Tax Returns
- We also require that you include a copy of the applicant’s (and/or parent/guardians) most recent Federal Tax Return(s) and 1040 Tax Form and associated Schedules and Forms). Copies can be faxed with the rest of your Outward Bound Application or sent via email to our course advisor. If you do not have access to a tax return, please contact your course advisor.
Explanation of Financial Need
– We want to fully understand your financial situation. Please complete this section according to the directions and include as much detail as possible.
Returning your Application
– Please return your Tuition Reduction Application WITH your Outward Bound Application. We cannot review your Tuition Reduction Application until your entire Outward Bound Application is received.
Our tuition reduction process is guided by a single principle: Every person should be given the opportunity to experience adventure and challenge, develop character and compassion, and learn social and environmental responsibility, regardless of financial ability.
We expect all students to approach this experience with a high level of motivation, give 100% effort and complete your course successfully. I look forward to helping you achieve your goal of a fulfilling Outward Bound experience. Please feel free to contact me or your course advisor if you need assistance in filling out the application or if you have additional questions.