Deadline: February 17th
Thanks for your interest in the 2017 Signs of the Times International Sign Contest. We're pleased to offer this interactive entry form that will allow you to fill out project information, upload photos and pay the contest entry fee in a single process.
If you have any questions about the contest, please contact Contest Coordinator Mark Kissling at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 263-9399. For technical inquiries about this form, please contact Kari Freudenberger at email@example.com or (513) 263-9374.
Commercial Monument Signs
Electric Monument Signs
Commercial Freestanding Signs
Electric Freestanding Signs
Commercial Building Signs
Electric Building Signs
Electronic Message Centers
1. A project may only be submitted for one category.
2. All entries must be received in ST's office by February 17, 2017.
3. Graphics must have been applied or installed within two years of submission date.
4. List all designers, fabricators and installers who contributed to the submitted graphics on the entry form. Names, phone numbers, websites and sale prices will be published (prices are appreciated but not required).
5. Send only entry forms and necessary images (see “Images” section). Such materials as blueprints, laser prints, fabrication photos, etc., won't be used or returned.
6. A description of the signage must be included on or with the entry form. Specify brand names for software, hardware, media, and equipment used to design, fabricate and install the graphics.
The entry fee is $10 per entry, up to $75 for eight or more entries.
Upload to this form or send at least two, color, 300-dpi images that are 4 x 5 in. or larger (8 x 10 in. preferred) on a CD or to ST's FTP site. ST will produce the images on photo-grade paper to display for the judges. Please include images that feature the entire graphic, as well as close-up shots that emphasize detail. For best results, hire a professional photographer to shoot your work. All submitted images becomes the property of ST Media Group Intl., including all rights for reproduction.
Digital files (JPEGs and TIFFs are preferred) are strongly preferred for submissions (color photos will also be accepted). If you prefer not to use this form, submit digital files on a CD or post them to ST's FTP site, http://upload.stmediagroup.com (from the drop-down menu, select Signs of the Times – Editorial).
Please notify Contest Editor Mark Kissling at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 263-9399 when photos are posted. Slides, color renderings or copies won't be judged.
Designers and fabricators from diverse backgrounds will judge the competition. Their final decisions will be based on the following criteria:
Craftsmanship (use of quality materials and methods)
Complexity (challenges faced in designing, fabricating and installing the graphics)
Artistic merit (aesthetic appeal of design and layout)
Winners will be notified via email, and their work will be published in a special, full-color section of the April 2017 issue and, subsequently, on www.signweb.com. First-, second- and third-place winners will receive custom-designed T-shirts and copies of the contest issue. Honorable-mention designees will be awarded at the judges' discretion.
A red asterisk denotes a required field.