ALL questions must be answered for you to be considered
1. Complete and submit this Adoption Application. We cannot continue the adoption process without this.
2. All unrelated or unmarried adults living in the home or on the property MUST fill out a separate application complete with references and background intormation. If approved, each will be required to sign the adoption contract.
3. Criminal Background Check is required and will be performed on every person who resides in the home.
4. Landlord Pet policy verified if you rent your home, we must verify pets are allowed by your landlord.
5. Veterinary and Personal References Contacted. This process takes the longest time.
6. Home Visit scheduled. This step is required to ensure the home is safe and all household members agree to adopt a Pug. All persons living in the home including children are required to be present.
7. Approval/Denial. Our Adoption Coordinator (and other Board members as necessary) use the information provided on the application, background check, interviews, vet/reference checks, and home visit to determine an applicant’s suitability for adopting or fostering a dog. Our Adoption Coordinator will notify you of your status. We reserve the right to refuse any applicant for any reason if we feel the needs of the dog will not be properly met or the adoption is not in the best interest of the dog.
8. Submitting an application for a specific Pug does not guarantee your ability to adopt that Pug. Once you are approved to adopt, we realize there may have been a Pug or two you found on our website that you fell in love with and we do our very best to help you adopt that particular Pug, but we will need to “match” you with dogs in our program that meet your criteria and that we believe may be suitable for your family and lifestyle.
9. Post-Adoption Follow-up. To ensure all is going well with your adopted Pug, we will schedule 2 follow-up visits, one visit 2 weeks after adoption and a second visit 3-4 months after adoption.
10. Information for those wanting to Foster our Pugs. We choose which Foster Pug should be placed in your home. This decision is based on your environment, schedule and openess to foster any and all types of Pugs; senior, blind, deaf, etc. We want our fosters and Pugs to be comfortable and happy with the placement. The best interest of the Pug is always considered first.
WE WILL NOT ADOPT TO ANYONE WITHOUT A SECURE VERTICAL FENCE, HAS A LARGE BREED DOG OR DOGGIE DOOR