In order to be admitted to Open Workshop, you will need to read carefully and agree to the following terms:
All equipment in Open Workshop will be handled with care.The applicant is responsible for saving his or her own project. Open Workshop can only help but not be responsible for storage.
All the material produced in connection with the project should clearly feature The Animation Workshop's logo, and state that it has been produced with the support of Open Workshop. When crediting Open Workshop please use the following sentence: "Supported by the Open Workshop department of The Animation Workshop".
The credit should always follow the project. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure, that any third party will respect this.
The applicant is responsible for delivering at least 2 examples of the produced material. This should be of the highest available quality. Open Workshop will pay all expenses involved with this delivery. In addition, the applicant must deliver:
- Pitch and synopsis for the project
- Artwork to be used for promotion of Open Workshop
- CV for the involved persons
The above should be delivered in digital form. During his/her stay at the Open Workshop the applicant is obliged to fill out the completion form before departure from the Open Workshop.
The applicant is obligated to keep the Open Workshop staff informed about the current status of the project while at Open Workshop. The applicant is expected to update the Open Workshop staff with the latest news, even when not at Open Workshop anymore.
The applicant holds all rights to the produced material. Open Workshop holds the non-commercial, self-promotional rights to:
- Production of necessary copies for making status reports for Open Workshop.
- To use parts of the material for promotion of Open Workshop (on any medium).
- if it’s a fully produced film, the right to distribute the film at festivals and the right to promote Open Workshop by including the material on DVD’s, web-sites and more.
Basic info from all received applications, whether accepted or not, such as gender, nationality, project type etc. will be included in statistics. Individual records are anonymised.