Thank you for your Hall of Fame nomination. The criteria for selection along with the selection process are listed below. Anyone can nominate a former Douglas County West, Valley, or Waterloo athlete.
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION AND SELECTION
- Nominee must be at least five years out of high school.
- Nominee must be a graduate of Douglas County West High School, Valley High School, or Waterloo High School.
- Nominee should be a positive role model.
- Nominee should, at minimum, have been an All-Conference/All-District selection or held or set a school record at one time.
- Once a former athlete has been nominated, they will remain on the nominee list for future years until they are elected into the Hall of Fame.
- Starting in year five (2020/2021 school year), the top two vote receivers will be selected to the Hall of Fame, regardless of whether they graduated from Douglas County West, Valley, or Waterloo High School. If there is a tie in the voting for one of the top two spots, all tied parties will be elected. Therefore, it will be possible to have more than two Hall of Fame inductees per year.
1) The Athletic Director will create and maintain a Hall of Fame selection Committee which will consist of an equal number of Valley and Waterloo high school sports enthusiasts. The total number on the selection committee can range anywhere from 12 to 18 members. Committee members will be long-time athletic supporters from Valley or Waterloo who would be knowledgeable about DC West, Valley, and Waterloo High School Athletics. Voting by the committee members is confidential.