1. I accept my selection to this Shine Team, and confirm that I will be playing exclusively for this team for the duration of the Session for which I am selected.
2. I understand that Shine Basketball will be planning schedules, practices, and resources to support my role on my team. In exchange, I agree to be committed to attending all scheduled games, practices and team events as a priority in my personal and family calendar.
3. I will give notice of absence or delayed arrival. If I will be late or missing from a practice, I (the player) must contact my team Coach directly prior to the start of practice via text or call/vm. If I "no-show" a team practice without notice, I understand that I will be automatically benched for 50% of the next upcoming game. I am still, however, accountable for attending all practices, dressing for the game and being an active teammate on the bench during my suspension half.
4. I will be on time for every practice. On time is 15 minutes early.
5. I will be fully prepared for every practice. Fully prepared is dressed. stretched, hydrated, off phone/put away, fed, taped, practice plan read, and at baseline/sideline with my teammates ready to work at first whistle.
6. I will hustle at all times. Hustle means sprinting to all double whistles, moving quickly and decisively during all drills, diving on floor for loose/50-50 balls, and sprinting over to help teammates up, for example.
7. I will use no vulgar or demeaning language, to anyone, at any time. I will strive to maintain a the highest level of composure and maturity, understanding that my actions represent not only myself, but my family, and the Shine program.
8. I will be respectful and fully responsive player and teammate. Fully responsive means being excessively vocal with encouragement while on the bench, baseline or in the game, making eye contact with every coach, referee or player who is talking to me, clapping on commands and during encouragement, nodding while listening and showing other appropriate acknowledgments to coaches, referees and players as appropriate.
9. I will be on time for every game. On time means 30 minutes early at minimum, dressed, taped, stretched, hydrated and fed, informed of game plan, sitting with teammates, prepared with all game-time supplies (ball, water, etc.)
10. I will be fully competitive in practice and games. Fully competetive means highly aggressive, demonstrating an intense desire to win every drill/contest/game, being physically dominant, and displaying a relentless passion to overcome any opponent and "win the drill".
11. My family and I will be financially responsible. Financially responsible means paying all required fees on time and in full as required. I understand that failure to do so may incur late charges, additional fees, and potentially jeopardize my spot on the Elite team and my opportunities for and future Shine teams. I understand that all fees paid to Shine Basketball are non-refundable, and I have reviewed the Terms and Conditions and agree to all stipulations. (Terms and Conditions: http://www.shinebasketball.com/terms-and-conditions.html)
12. I will maintain the strongest academic standing I am able. I understand that my Faith, family and educational health are all priorities above basketball, and maintaining my best in each of those areas affords me the priveledge to participate in the Elite program. Academically I will maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 while on an ELITE roster. If my GPA threatens to fall below that standard, I will take proactive action to seek help/tutoring and counsel to raise my performance. I will also notify my Coach and/or the Shine Director of any sub-standard performance, along with an outline of my gameplan to surpass the minimum threshold. I also agree to submit a copy of my HS academic transcript each semester that I am seeking participation on an Elite team to verify my GPA.
13. Recruitment. I and my parents agree to abstain from any recruitment of an active Shine player for the benefit of any outside organization during my participation with any Shine Elite team. Upon my separation from Shine Elite for any reason, I agree to abstain from any recruitment of any active Shine player for the benefit of any outside organization for a period of ninety (90) days after my departure. Failure to honor this standard will result in my immediate termination from Shine Elite and I will be ineligible for future selection to any Shine Elite team. I also acknowledge that the Directors and Staff of Shine Basketball maintain communication with many outside basketball programs, both regionally and nationally. I understand that failure to comply with this, or any of the standards listed herein, is a reflection of my character as a player and leader and Shine Basketball may share comments and observations, both positive and negative, related to my conduct with outside programs, coaches, recruiters and other agencies if asked.
14. Any use of/distribution of alcohol, tobacco products, marijuana, drugs, or any other illicit substance while a member of the Shine Elite team will be grounds for immediate dismissal and a permanent ban from selection to any future Elite team.
I understand that failure to comply with any of these Elite Standards may result in consequences including game suspensions or my removal from the team and/or the Shine program.