1. Foster Animal(s). Foster acknowledges receipt of one or more foster animal(s) from ARRUS, from time to time, as the case may be. Your foster position is voluntary; Foster is not an employee or agent of ARRUS.
2. Property of ARRRUS. Foster understands that the foster animal(s) shall, at all times, remain the sole property of ARRUS. ARRUS reserves the right to reclaim the foster animals(s) at any time. If you choose not to return the foster animal(s) to ARRUS, upon ARRUS’ request, you will be obligated to pay an automatic fine in the amount of $1,000.00 and ARRUS will have the right to report you to the police and/or seek any additional remedy under applicable law. Foster agrees to contact ARRUS immediately in the even that any foster animal(s) die while in the temporary care of Foster and return said animal(s) to ARRUS.
3. Care of the Foster.
a. Foster agrees to provide the foster animal(s) with good, appropriate and loving care, including, but not limited to, food, water, shelter, and medication (when required), in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
b. In an effort to aid in Foster’s care of the foster animal(s), ARRUS may provide the foster with basic supplies, including, but not limited to, food, crate(s), newspaper, medication or other supplies. Unless otherwise agreed to by and between Foster and ARRUS, any supplies purchased by Foster are not reimbursable by ARRUS.
4. Medical Care/Emergencies.
a. Foster will notify ARRUS IMMEDIATELY if the foster animal(s) become ill and/or injured or otherwise require veterinary care.
b. Foster agrees that in case of any medical emergency, Foster must take the animal(s) to an ARRUS approved veterinarian ONLY, with notice and approval from ARRUS. Foster will NOT be reimbursed by ARRUS, in the event that Foster takes the foster animal(s) to see a veterinarian or otherwise provides medical care without FIRST obtaining prior approval from ARRUS.
c. Foster will provide or arrange for ALL emergency, medical care and agrees not to allow the foster animal(s) to be euthanized without first notifying and obtaining permission in advance from ARRUS, unless such foster animal(s) is deemed fatally injured by the professional judgment of a licensed veterinarian.
5. No Breeding. Foster agrees to not breed the foster animals(s) or allow them to be bred.
6. ARRUS Right to Visitation. Foster agrees that ARRUS has the right to visitation of the foster animal(s), with 24 hour notice or, in case of emergency situations, immediate inspection.
7. Foster Photography. Foster is encouraged to photograph said foster animal(s) and sharing such photographs through social media, for purposes of assisting ARRUS in identifying an appropriate adoptive family for the foster animal(s). However, all photographs taken of the foster animal(s) shall remain the property of ARRUS. Foster is not permitted to use such photographs for any other purpose, including, but not limited to, for profit or business, without ARRUS’ prior written consent.
a. Foster understands that said foster animal(s) will be made available for adoption through ARRUS during the time the animal(s) are in Foster’s care, unless otherwise required by ARRUS. Foster will make such foster animal(s) reasonably available to attend ARRUS adoption events or meet & greets.
b. Foster understands and acknowledges that Foster does not have any right or authority to keep the foster animal(s), or to place or adopt such foster animal(s) with any third-party.
c. Foster shall not have ANY direct contact with any adoptive families after an adoption has been finalized by ARRUS. Updates from the adoptive families will be shared at the discretion of ARRUS. ARRUS reserves it rights against Foster, in the event that Foster harasses or otherwise violate the rights of any adoptive family or potential adoptive family.
9. Confidentiality. Foster agrees to maintain confidential any and all documentation and correspondence (whether verbal or in writing) between ARRUS and Foster, including, but not limited to, any information contained or discussed in such documentation and correspondence, except as provided in Section 7 above.
10. Release & Indemnity.
Foster understands and acknowledges that ARRUS cannot guarantee or be held responsible for the health, behavior, or temperament of foster animal(s) that Foster may foster. Foster understands that ARRUS does not make any warrantee or guarantee or other representation as to the demeanor, health, temperament, or pedigree of any foster animal. Foster expressly releases and holds harmless ARRUS from ANY and all liability for loss, injury, damage, or death caused by any foster animal(s) to any personal, animal, or property, without limitation, and that Foster will assume all such risk of loss.
Foster agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ARRUS, its volunteers, successors and assigns, any previous owner, shelter, or foster home, from any and all liability associated with the foster animal(s) or damage or injury hereafter caused by the foster animal(s), without limitation.
11. Foster Termination. Foster understands that its foster volunteer position can be terminated at any time at the sole discretion of ARRUS. If Foster can no longer keep or care for the foster animal(s), Foster must provide at least 48 hour notice to ARRUS, so that ARRUS may find new foster placement. ARRUS agrees to use reasonable efforts to, thereafter, remove said foster animal(s) within a reasonable time.