Thank you for your interest in becoming a Candidate for the Miss Ohio’s Outstanding Teen 2023 State Competition.
Participants may enter the State Teen Program directly or qualify by receiving a Local Title through our local competitions held during the year.
To enter the State Teen Program directly, a parent or guardian must complete this State Teen Candidate Registration and Payment Form. This information will be used to verify you meet the eligibility requirements. We will then contact the parent/guardian to discuss the program in more detail and provide additional materials.
Please be aware of the following dates and deadlines...
- This State Registration Form and Payment must be received by SUNDAY, MARCH 26, 2023.
- Many of the required documents and materials (to follow) must be received by Friday, March 31, 2023.
- A Mandatory Forum (orientation) will be on Saturday, April 1, 2023 in Mansfield, Ohio.
- The Outstanding Teen Competition will be held on Wednesday, June 14, 2023.
- Candidates are required to be in Mansfield, Ohio for Miss Ohio Week, June 11-17, 2023 as follows;
- Parade & Rehearsals - Sunday, June 11th - Afternoon & Early Evening
- Rehearsals - Tuesday, June 13th - Evening
- Teen Competition - Wednesday, June 14th - All Day, Evening
- Miss Preliminary Competition - Thursday, June 15th - Afternoon & Evening
- Miss Preliminary Competition - Friday, June 16th - Afternoon & Evening
- Miss Finals Competition - Saturday, June 17th - Evening
Candidates and Parents will need to complete the Miss America Application and Agreement once they are accepted as a direct entry candidate. Please click the link below to download and review a sample of the required agreement.
DOWNLOAD - MOSP 2023 - State Candidate Agreement - SAMPLE
TEEN STATE Candidates will compete in the following phases of competition.
- Private Interview
- Health & Fitness
- Evening Wear
- On Stage Conversation
DIRECT ENTRY FEE
All Candidates competing in the Miss America's Outstanding Teen program must pay a once-per-season MAO registration fee of $35 by March 30, 2023 if you are not already registered.
Miss Ohio's Outstanding Teen entry fee is $450 and must be submitted with this form. This fee includes your Title, Health and Fitness Outfit, Official Crown and Sash. If you already have an official Miss America Local Crown, this fee will be reduced by $75 and you will use your existing crown during Miss Ohio Week.
We have multiple titles available for direct-entry candidates, see the list below.
If you would like a custom title, you may submit a request for the custom title along with a $50 fee. The $50 will cover the state of Ohio registration fees. If we are not able to register your customer title, we will refund your $50 fee.
We must have payment in full before we can order a Sash, Crown, and/or Custom Title. We will not offer refunds once you are registered and accepted as a Direct Entry candidate.
If you have any questions, please contact Brooke Miller at TeenED@MissOhio.org or by phone at 858-882-7132.