THE PHILADELPHIA PROJECT is a nonprofit Christian outreach ministry in Philadelphia, PA. Our primary goal in everything we do is to involve young people in meeting the needs of our community. Through volunteers and staff, we provide free volunteer home repair services to in-need families, affordable education programs, and partner with other ministries and organizations who serve those who live in the northwest neighborhoods of Philadelphia.
By serving as a leader, you agree to support this vision of getting the students involved in the ministry area they are serving in. Knowing that TPP’s focus is serving the teens so that they are equipped to serve others, you agree to abide by the following guidelines for participating in The Philadelphia Project.
1. Transporting yourself, an intern, and your team to and from the ministry site.
2. If serving on a worksite you may provide your own tools, however The Project will supply all of the tools you will need for the worksite you are on. If you bring your own tools please put your name on them. We are not responsible for lost, damaged or misplaced items.
3. You must bring a cell phone. Don’t forget your charger.
4. There is a dress code for each ministry site including closed toe shoes and a sleeved shirt.
5. Encouraging your group by helping them get to know each other, helping them to get to know those that they are serving and setting a positive and hopeful tone at your ministry site.
6. Complete all tasks with excellence, as unto the Lord. (Col 3:17)
7. Be a good steward of what we have been blessed with. Do not be wasteful.
8. Be mindful of our relationship with the community and with those that The Philadelphia Project serves. Treat everyone with dignity & respect.
10. You are not allowed to leave your ministry site during the day. If you need materials or supplies for your ministry site call a TPP Staff member and request that they send you a runner with what you need. Students are not permitted to leave the site during the day, or be alone at a site.
11. Please be a gracious host to any media representatives who might stop by your ministry site.
12. Please report any injuries immediately to Joel Bielefeldt (908) 581-2298
13. You are required to participate in all aspects of The Philadelphia Project week. This includes but is not limited to ministry sites, meals, worship times, Club, and leader meetings.
14. Be on time for all meetings, meals and activities. Return from your ministry sites on time. Do not be late.
15. Be flexible to any time changes or other ‘stuff’ that may occur.
16. No guys in the girls’ room & no girls in the guys’ room.
17. No smoking, drinking or cursing is permitted during the week. No drugs, tobacco, fireworks, firearms, knives (except for utility knives) or weapons are permitted at The Philadelphia Project. No clothing that promotes the above is allowed.
I have read the guidelines and agree to support the mission of The Philadelphia Project. By serving as an adult leader, I agree to support this vision of getting the teens actively involved in serving at their ministry site. Knowing that TPP’s focus is serving the teens so that they can serve others, I agree to abide by the above guidelines for participating in The Philadelphia Project. By signing, I indicate that I have read, understand and agree to abide by these guidelines.