I/we understand that every family must work and contribute a minimun of two "credits" in some capacity at the co-op.
The following agreement to Mediate and/or Arbitrate is between the fully authorized parent or legal guardian acting on behalf of the Family listed below and its immediate members (“The Family”) and Plano Area Texas Homeschoolers (PATH) and its teachers– the parties to this agreement.
We agree to attempt to resolve differences with others (parents, students, teachers, administration) by following the biblical pattern of Matthew 18:15-17. Should we have unresolved issues with another PATH participant, officer or director after utilizing the Matthew 18 principle, the parties agree to be bound by the following mediation and binding arbitration agreement in an attempt to resolve issues and bring reconciliation.
The parties to this agreement are Christians and believe that the Bible commands them to make every effort to live at peace and to resolve disputes with each other in private or within the Christian community in conformity with the biblical injunctions of 1 Corinthians 6:1-8, Matthew 5:23-34, and Matthew 18:15- 20. Therefore, the parties agree that any claim or dispute arising out of, or related to, this agreement or to any aspect of the schooling relationship, including statutory claims, shall be settled by biblically based mediation.
If resolution of the dispute and reconciliation do not result from mediation, the matter shall then be submitted to a panel of three independent and objective arbitrators for binding arbitration. Each party to the agreement shall have the right to select one arbitrator (unless the parties mutually agree to the use of only one arbitrator). The two arbitrators selected by the parties shall jointly select the neutral, third arbitrator. If there is an impasse in the selection of the third arbitrator, the Institute for Christian Conciliation, a division of Peacemaker Ministries of Billings, Montana [(406) 256-1583] shall be asked to provide the name of a qualified person who will serve in that capacity. The mediation and arbitration process shall be conducted in accordance with the "Rules of Procedure for Christian Conciliation" contained in the Peacemaker Ministries booklet, Guidelines for Christian Conciliation. (A complete text of the Rules is available at www.HisPeace.org.)
The parties agree that these methods shall be the sole remedy for any controversy or claim arising out of the schooling relationship or this agreement and expressly waive their right to file a lawsuit against one another in any civil court for such disputes, except to enforce a legally binding arbitration decision.
Governing Law. These Terms and Conditions, as well as any claims arising from or related thereto, whether in tort, contract or otherwise, are governed by Texas Law without regard to Texas’ choice of law rules.
Severability. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not for that reason alone affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of these Terms and Conditions.
PATH holds the following statements of Christian belief to be the foundation upon which we operate:
1. We believe the Bible to be the only authoritative Word of God, inerrant and infallible. (II Timothy 3:16,11 Peter 2:21)
2. We believe there is one true God, manifested in three distinct Persons known as the Trinity, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, John 10:30)
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, who is the second person of the Trinity and that He possesses all of the attributes of the Father. He is the only son of God. He was born of a virgin and He is God incarnate (both God and man). He is mediator between God and man and will return in glory. (Matthew 16:27)
4. We believe the Holy Spirit, the third member of the Trinity, possesses all the attributes of the Father and the Son. The Holy Spirit indwells, instructs and empowers all believers for spiritual service. (Matthew 28:19)
5. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saved and the lost, the saved to eternal life and the lost to eternal punishment, (John 5:28-29)
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who gives us spiritual gifts for the purpose of equipping us for the building up of the body of Christ. (John 14:26)
7. We believe that all who place their faith in Jesus Christ are placed by the Holy Spirit into the spiritual body of believers known as the church with Christ as the head. Genuine salvation will show itself by righteous attitudes and edifying conduct as a believer submits himself or herself to the control of the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Matthew 5:16, Acts 26:20, James 3:13, 1 Peter 27:12)
8. We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God. (Genesis 1:26, Genesis 5:1-2)9. We believe that man is sinful by nature and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential and an absolute necessity for his salvation. We believe that eternal life is a free gift of grace for all who believe. (Romans 3:l9 and 23, John 3:16-19, Ephesians 2:18-19, Titus 3:5-6)
Our doctrinal statement of faith is fundamental to basic Christian tenets and contains those doctrines to which we unreservedly adhere. The following areas are left primarily to the teaching of the home and church:
1. Church government, authority and discipline
2. Time and mode of baptism
3. Security of the believer
4. Timing of future events
5. Second work of grace or baptism of the Holy Spirit6. Sinless perfection
7. Gift of the Spirit, tongues, interpretation of tongues, healing, miracle working and discerning of spiritsThere will be no attempt made by parents or students to promote these denominational positions. We desire to remain united in the salvation and love of Christ, avoiding dissension, which may be caused by denominational differences.
Thank you for applying to PATH Co-op. No further paperwork is needed.
Your application is not complete until a Registration check for $65 has been received. Check is held until membership is confirmed.
Make checks payable to PATH.
Online payment is not available at this time.
There is a link to print mailing instructions after you SUBMIT.