The Journalism Association of Community Colleges will be awarding $1,500 in scholarships at the 2017 State Convention.
Two $500 scholarship will be given to transferring students, and five $100 scholarships will be awarded students continuing on at their community college.
The deadline for submitting this application is Monday, March 20.
You can apply for this scholarship by completing this form and providing the following required documents:
• Current college transcript (may be unofficial)
• Letter of recommendation from your adviser
• Three samples of your best journalism work. We recommend using pdfs for documents and jpgs for images. For video, insert the URL in the text box provided. Triple check spelling.
• A personal statement no longer than 300 words explaining what you have gained from your journalistic experience, your hopes for a future in journalism, and any special circumstances regarding your background or status
• A list of journalism-related experiences other than your community college work (dates and brief descriptions of volunteer or paid work).
• A list of non-journalism activities and involvements (dates and brief descriptions) that you'd like the scholarship selection committee to consider
Once you are done, fill in the catptcha at the end of form, then press submit.
Thank you. And good luck!