Welcome to the Kickoff of the Terra Rochester Finger Lakes Science and Engineering Fair.
1. You will learn about the modern science and engineering fair and how middle and high school students can connect at whatever level they are.
2. Teachers do NOT have to run a science fair program in their classrooms to connect kids with hands-on research. Parents, youth leaders and other mentors can handle the entire process.
3. We accept topic presentations (like merit badges or engineering models), scientific research (experiments that collect data), and engineering design (making and testing actual "things") in 22 different categories!
3. Great free resources exist to launch kids on the path of exploration.
4. Science fairs can open the door to new skills and friends, great awards, and a realization of the importance of classroom-based skills.
5. AND there's a package of science fair gifts along with day-long free museum admission if you come!
(Walk-ins are welcome, but we can only prepare gifts for those who pre-register by November 1st, the Wednesday before.)