RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I understand that by signing my name below, I am releasing whatever rights I would otherwise have occasion to bring a lawsuit against the Yolo County SPCA. This is in effect for any participation in any volunteering experience the Yolo County SPCA offers, or other situations in any way tied to the Yolo County SPCA (hereafter "volunteering experiences"). The Yolo County SPCA (hereafter "YCSPCA") includes not only the corporate entity which is the Yolo County SPCA, but also the directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, and invitees of the YCSPCA.
I agree to perform my volunteer duties to the best of my abilities, to be courteous to others (including employees, volunteers, customers, business representatives, and clients) while representing the YCSPCA, and be in accordance with all the rules, procedures, and policies as presented by the YCSPCA. I understand that my status as a YCSPCA volunteer depends on my own actions and behavior, and I may be asked to terminate my volunteering status at any time if my conduct fails to meet YCSPCA standards. I understand that my (or my child’s) photo or statement may be used in our newsletter or other venues such as, but not limited to, the YCSPCA website, a newspaper or other group’s newsletters, publications, or websites. I also understand that I may be liable for reimbursement to the YCSPCA or other individuals if they incur a financial loss due to my actions. Due to the number of volunteers and method of volunteering experiences, the YCSPCA cannot guarantee any volunteer a special task. I also understand that if I drive a personal or YCSPCA vehicle on behalf of the YCSPCA that I must maintain a valid driver’s license and carry personal automobile liability insurance. I also understand that I may be required to submit a copy of my driver’s license and proof of personal automobile insurance. I understand that the insurance carrier of the YCSPCA may obtain a copy of my driving record.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
Participation in volunteering experiences carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. The specific risks vary depending on the nature of the volunteering experiences, and said risks include but are not limited to:
- Minor injuries and damages such as scratches, bruises, sprains, and damage to property
- Exposure to animal urine, feces, vomit, or other animal-related illnesses
- Exposure to fearful or fractious animals that may nip, scratch, or otherwise injure a volunteer
- Major injuries such as eye damage, loss of sight, back or joint injuries, heart attacks, or concussions
- Catastrophic injuries including paralysis and death
I acknowledge that the YCSPCA recommends consultation with my physician regarding the following:
Tetanus vaccinations, rabies vaccinations, zoonotic illnesses, allergic reactions, and any other related medical conditions pertaining to association with animals or participation in YCSPCA events.
THIS RELEASE IS BINDING ON OTHERS
I understand that my release of rights and my promise to reimburse the losses of others as contained in the agreement will be binding on me, my spouse, my heirs, my personal representatives, my assigns, my children, and any guardian ad litem for said children.
- I agree to conform with the rules and guidelines of the YCSPCA. I understand that I will begin service on a reciprocal trial basis and agree to participate in orientation and training. I understand that references may be contacted and authorize a representative of the YCSPCA to contact my references. I understand that if I do not comply with the rules and guidelines of the YCSPCA that I may be relieved of my volunteer duties.
- I understand my volunteer schedule and realize that the YCSPCA is depending on my services. If, for a serious reason, I cannot keep my commitments, I will notify the Thrift Store manager in advance.
- I understand that I will be required to sign in or out at any event or venue I volunteer at for the YCSPCA.I agree that I will sign in when I arrive for my assigned shift and check out when I leave for the day.
- I agree and understand that any work I perform within the scope of this agreement will be provided on a voluntary basis and that I do not expect payment or other compensation for performing such work. I also understand that a volunteer position does not constitute an employee-employer relationship for the YCSPCA, and that I serve at the discretion of the Thrift Store Manager or other YCSPCA supervisor.
- I agree not to divulge any information regarding persons who are receiving services or other assistance from the YCSPCA or otherwise involved in my volunteer services. I recognize that unauthorized release of confidential information may require me to be relieved of my volunteer services and/or make me subject to criminal action.
- I understand that I am fully responsible for maintaining my own personal records of time volunteered to the YCSPCA for the purposes of internships, community service, etc., subject to the Thrift Store manager's verification. At the end of my volunteer service, I can have the Thrift Store manager sign a letter documenting hours donated, but the Thrift Store manager or other YCSPCA supervisor reserves the right to decline signing such a letter if they feel no true service has been performed. I understand that the YCSPCA will maintain no permanent record of this time.
- I understand that the YCSPCA has a zero-tolerance policy against any type of harassment or discrimination. I agree to comply with this policy and recognize that I will also be protected by it.
- I understand that the YCSPCA has a zero-tolerance policy against any type of violence, threat, or intimidation, implied or actual, in the workplace. I agree to comply with this policy, and recognize that I will also be protected by it.
- I understand that the YCSPCA has a zero-tolerance policy against any use of, or being under the influence of, illegal drugs or alcohol in the workplace. I agree to comply with this policy.
- I understand that the YCSPCA is not responsible for loss or damage to personal belongings.
I understand that there are risks involved in volunteering at a public event and that I may be interacting with people who are not vaccinated for COVID and/or could be transmitting COVID.