Section 1: Background Information
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION TO THE FOLLOWING FUNDS – SPRING 2017 (Rolling):
Academic Event Fund (AEF)*
NOTE: Applications for the Student Group Event Fund and Synergy Fund are not accepted in this cycle.
1) Effective Spring 2017, in order to promote greater equity and access to funding, several GAPSA group/event fund applications are consolidated into a universal application. Applications will be automatically referred to the appropriate fund(s) for consideration based on the information provided in the application. Applicants may opt-out of the automatic referral process in the application.
2) GAPSA supports a wide range of student events and programs run by student organizations at Penn across all twelve graduate schools (G12). Applications for GAPSA funding are highly competitive. As such, it is suggested that you pursue a range of funding sources for your program.
3) Your group must be registered, on an annual basis, with the Office of Student Affairs. Please register online at http://www.vpul.upenn.edu/osa/gopenn.html.
4) The proposal must be geared towards the graduate and professional student population. Undergraduate organizations generally are ineligible for GAPSA funding.
5) Priority will be given to groups whose proposals are designed to benefit students from multiple G12 schools and programs.
6) The funding process is very competitive. You may receive full, partial, or no funding at all for your proposal from GAPSA. The more complete, well-planned, well-budgeted, and well-written your application is, the more likely it is to be funded. High quality applications will successfully convince GAPSA of the merits of the proposal.
7) All applicants are required to advertise their events and programs with GAPSA. Please visit the GAPSA homepage at www.gapsa.upenn.edu and click on the “Publicize with the GAPSA Weekly Newsletter” link at least two weeks prior to your event to advertise in our weekly email. Contact the GAPSA Chair for Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org AS SOON AS YOU SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL so that the graduate and professional student community may be made aware of your event or program. Proposals are subject to ineligibility without this action.
8) If your event or program receives GAPSA funding, then GAPSA must be acknowledged as a funding source on your organizational and promotional material.
9) All GAPSA funded programs and organizations must support open community, inclusion, and representative governance.
10) Please refer to specific fund eligibility requirements, instructions, and deadlines available on the GAPSA website.
11) Applications for Spring 2017 Round 4 funds must be submitted by 11:59PM (EST) Tuesday, March 14, 2017, for the Student Group Event Fund (SGEF) and G12 Synergy Fund. (*The Academic Event Fund, Discretionary Fund, and GAP Fund accept rolling applications.)
12) If you are awarded funding, reimbursements must be claimed by January 15, 2017, (for events/programs occurring in the fall) or June 15, 2017, (for events/programs occurring in the spring) or they will be forfeited. Further deadlines may apply for specific funds.