1. All competitors must report to the Steward's tent upon arrival for time check and playing positions. Players and bands failing to show at the allotted time will be disqualified.
2. Runners will not be provided. Competitors must present themselves to the steward or their judge two minutes prior to their posted event playing time.
3. Order of play will be posted on the NB Highland Games website by Thursday, July 27, 2018 and will be available on the field at 8AM, Saturday, July 29, 2018.
4. Up to two playing positions in each section will be reserved for competitors from outside the Maritimes, who may register up to 30 minutes before their event.
5. Only online entries will be accepted. Entries must be accepted until July 22, 2018. Late entries will not be accepted from within the Maritimes after these dates. There will be no refund of entry fees submitted.
6. Passes for entry of all band members onto the Games site will NOT be available this year. Each band must submit their band membership roster with their entry form. The roster will be at the Main Gate and used to allow competitors to enter onto the Site. If you are a solo competitor not affiliated with a competing band, your name will also be at the Main Gate. If your name is not on the list, you will be required to pay the applicable admission price.
7. Travel money will be paid Sunday after closing ceremonies to bands that compete and perform in all three massed bands. 80 Km – 159 Km: $300/160km – 319 km: $400/over 320 km: $500. Band reps must sign for the allowance.
8. Band order of play will be done in advance and the order and time will be posted on the website on Thursday, July 26, 2018 for each competition day.
9. Grade 3 solo piping Strathspey/Reel: Requires each to be four parts. All solo drumming must have music accompaniment, except practice pad class. Note other changes on Schedule of Events
10. Bands can play up to a higher grade subject to ACPBA Rules. Prize money as noted only if there are four bands in this grade competition.
11. Piper/Drummer trophy winners in grades will be determined by a point system. Winners will be announced during the closing ceremonies. All decisions are final.
12. Upon entry form sent: I hereby release and forever discharge the New Brunswick Highland Games Committee from any manner of action, claim or demand arising from, or in conjunction with the 2018 New Brunswick Highland Games Festival or related events.
13. Medals will be presented unless otherwise listed. Bass and tenor (during competition): Medals; Band Dress and deportment* (during competition): trophy. * Denotes a trophy.
14. Prizes for Professional classes will be:
Professional Piobaireachd: 1st- $150; 2nd - $125; 3rd - $100
All other Professional Piping and Drumming: 1st- $125; 2nd -$100; 3rd -$75 See below for band prizes.
Note: Prof. Drumming: 2 M/S/Rs to be submitted