Additional Information about the Summer Reading Program
To encourage children to read for fun while learning something about God
* Books for Summer Reading must be checked out of the
CAC Library. Book Logs are provided to record titles and totals will be tracked weekly in the Library.
* Book Logs are turned in to the Library each week in exchange for one ticket to enter into a drawing for that week. Prizes will be displayed in the Library and tickets will be drawn weekly.
* If you have a beginning reader, please feel free to use a combination
of Read-to-Me books and independent reading.
* If an older child reads to a younger child, the title may count on
both Book Log sheets.
* Books must be read between June 3 – August 12.
* Book Logs must be signed by a parent/guardian.
* Book Logs will NOT be accepted after 12:30 pm on August 12.
* Children are encouraged to read the Missionary and Heroes of the
Faith books. These books are identified in the Library with a green
sticker on the spine.
* A Summer Reading Recognition to congratulate participants will be held in August – watch for details!