STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. I believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of both the Old and New Testaments, i.e., that the very words of the original Scriptures are infallible and inerrant, and that they are our final and absolute authority in every area of life and knowledge. (I Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
2. I believe in one God, eternally existing in three co-equal persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (John 4:24; Romans 8:14-15).
3. I believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and that He is both undiminished Deity and genuine humanity in one person forever. (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:8-25; Colossians 1:15; John 1:14; Philippians 2:6-9).
4. I believe that God the Holy Spirit is a personal Being who convicts the world of sin and who regenerates, indwells, empowers, guides, and bestows spiritual gifts on believers, and who seals them eternally for God. (John 6:37; John 16; Romans 8; Ephesians 1:13-14, 4:30).
5. I believe that man was created by a direct act of God in His image, not from previously existing life, that all men sinned in Adam (the historical father of the entire human race) and thus incurred both physical and spiritual death; and that all men have inherited a sinful nature. (Genesis 1:1-3; Ephesians 2:1; Romans 1 & 5; Romans 3:23).
6. I believe that Jesus Christ died as a substitutionary sacrifice for our sins and that through faith in Him as Lord and Savior, we are declared righteous by God. (II Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 7:24-27).
7. I believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, totally apart from human merit, and that the experience of regeneration produces a new creature in Christ. (II Corinthians 5:17; Titus 3:5; Ephesians 2:8-9).
8. I believe that Jesus Christ rose bodily from the dead and that He ascended in like form into Heaven, where He continually ministers as our Great High Priest and Advocate. (Luke 24:1-6; Hebrews 10:12; I John 2:1-2; Hebrews 7:25).
9. I believe in the literal, visible, bodily return of Jesus Christ with His saints to establish His Kingdom. (Acts 1:9-11; Revelation 19; John 14:2).
10. I believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost. (Revelation 20, 21; I Corinthians 15).
I believe that all believers are under the mandate of Jesus Christ to proclaim the Gospel to all the world. (Matthew 28:18-20; Matthew 5:16).
I hold to this Statement of Faith without mental reservations except for the differences explained below.