You are being asked by the applicant named in PART A of this application to provide information regarding his/her ability to use Salisbury Transit fixed route transit services. SalisburyTransit system may provide ADA Paratransit services to individuals who have a disability or health condition that prevents him/her from sometimes or always using Salisbury Transit fixed route bus service. An inability to use fixed-route bus service may include being unable to travel to or from bus stops, board or exit buses or understand how to ride and use the bus system. The information you provide will allow us to evaluate the request and determine this individual’s specific needs. Thank you for your
cooperation in this matter.
PLEASE NOTE: Salisbury Transit fixed route bus service is available in Salisbury, Spencer, and East Spencer and are currently accessible to persons with disabilities who need ramps to board and exit the bus, vehicles which kneel to the curb, and/or announcement of bus stops. The individual applying for ADA Paratransit MUST BE UNABLE TO ACCESS THESE SERVICES due to:
- Conditions which prevent them from getting to or from a Salisbury Transit fixed route bus stop, or transferring between vehicles and/or
- Conditions which prevent them from being able to get on, ride, or get off a bus with a ramp.
Individuals for whom performing these tasks is inconvenient or uncomfortable are NOT ELIGIBLE for services, and you are asked to verify this.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO VERIFY THIS APPLICATION:
- Read PART A of the application in its entirety (this was received as a pdf attachment to your notification email)
- Fill out PART B of the application completely, using the criteria
- Complete PART B of the application within 7 days of receipt.
- You may be contacted for additional information if questions remain about the applicant’s abilities.
- If you have any questions, contact Salisbury Transit at (704) 638-5252.