1. Deadlines for Field Placement Requests:
a. Fall Semester – June 1 of the preceding semester
b. Winter Semester – December 1 of the preceding Fall semester
c. Spring/Summer Semester – April 1 of the preceding Winter semester
2. The Student Placement Excel Spreadsheet needs to be completed in full and submitted to Heidi Hildebrand, (email@example.com) electronically at least two weeks prior to the first date of the field experience.
3. Criminal Record Checks (CRCs) need to be submitted to the school principal by each student at the start of the first day of placement (Ideally, students are directed to apply for the CRC as a student). If a clear CRC is not provided to the principal, the student will not be permitted to begin his/her practicum placement.
4. Practicum information and Evaluation Requirements are to be shared at initial meeting with school supervisor.
5. Vision of Regina Catholic Schools is to provide a quality Catholic education that is faith-based, student-centered and results-oriented.
6. Practicum students and RCS are subject to LAFOIPP in record creation, record retention and record destruction purposes and have access to personal information of students. Except to the extent required by law or order of a court of competition jurisdiction, Practicum students and RCS will use reasonable efforts to keep in confidence and comply with LAFOIPP and cause its members, officers, employees, servants, and agents to keep in confidence and comply with LAFOIPP relating to information pertaining to the other, its staff, students and those which comes to their knowledge and are subject to Protection of Privacy Act.