Interested in attending the AVMA Veterinary Leadership Conference as an Emerging Leader for AAAP? The selected leader will receive reimbursement for registration, airfare/mileage and up to three nights for hotel room and tax. *
What: AVMA Veterinary Leadership Conference
When: January 9-12, 2020
Where: Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, Chicago, IL
Why: Enhance your leadership skills and expand your professional network.
Leadership sessions and networking opportunities provide a foundation for veterinarians who want to contribute to and shape the veterinary profession, and develop skills that can be used in other professional and personal pursuits.
• Networking opportunities: receptions, meals and other events
• Opening and Closing Keynote Addresses"
• Customized Emerging Leader Track
• Workshops for State Officers and VMA Executives
• Joint AVMA/ASVMAE Sessions
• The House of Delegates Winter Session and District Caucuses
Qualifications for Emerging Leaders:
2. AVMA member and 0 – 5 years post-graduation
3. Interested in developing leadership skills.
Applicants must submit the following by October 12, 2019 to be considered for the 2020 conference: 1. Application form 2. Letter of support from an AAAP member.
The AAAP Board of Directors will review applications and choose one emerging leader to represent AAAP each year.
After the conference, the emerging leader must: 1. Submit a brief written report to the AAAP Board of Directors. 2. Write an article about his/her experience for the AAAP Spring newsletter.
*AAAP provides the reimbursement for the conference registration and the AVMA provides reimbursement for travel and hotel.
If you are ready to complete the application just click on the Next button below