CEF takes seriously our responsibility to protect the children we serve, the volunteers who serve the children, our partnering churches and the good name of Jesus Christ.
Thank you for deciding to volunteer with Child Evangelism Fellowship. We are excited about what God will do as churches all across the nation share the Gospel with unchurched children in their communities. Important considerations for all who will volunteer with direct child contact through CEF ministries:
· CEF online background checks & volunteer applications utilize a secure server so personal data is safe.
· All volunteers & CEF missionaries are screened through an interview and reference checks.
· All approved workers will receive a required nametag upon completion of steps 1-3.
· You will need to go online to enter the information for this screening process. CEF will pay your screening fee.
Three (3) easy steps required for volunteer participation:
STEP 1: PRIOR to COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION
A. Read the Statement of Faith
B. Read the Worker's Compliance Agreement
C. Read the Child Protection Policy
D. Watch the 9-minute "Protecting Today’s Child" presentation or listen at 1-866-878-4182
E. Gather the following information to enter online:
· Your salvation testimony
· Previous addresses (last 5 years)
· Driver’s License (if applicable)
· Social Security Number will be asked
· Reference contact information (name, phone, email). This should include: pastor or church leader, previous employer, and 2 personal references. No relatives please.
STEP 2: APPLY ONLINE
If you have prepared the information requested in Step 1, it will take you approximately 15 minutes to complete the online application.
Note: The system will time out after approximately 10 minutes of no activity, and you must complete the form within 40 minutes.
You can fill out this separate Online Screening Form now if you are ready or later.
Don't forget to submit this form! You will receive this link again in the automatic email you receive once submitting this 5-Day Club form.
HINTS & HELPS:
· Make sure the Organization name on the first screen is: CEF of Minnesota
· If under 18 - Do not submit a background check
· The last screen is the screening Authorization – Read, click “I Agree” box, press “Submit.” You should then see “Application Completed!”
Please complete steps 1-2 as soon as possible.
Your contact will be notified that you have completed steps 1-2 and will set a time to complete step 3.
STEP 3: ID CHECK AND INTERVIEW
This final step will be completed by your CEF contact at your orientation meeting, prior to serving.
· You will be required to show a photo ID (driver's license, passport, school ID) & answer a few questions.
· Once this step is complete, you will receive a nametag, indicating you as a screened volunteer.
Thank you for volunteering to reach boys and girls with the Good News of Jesus Christ!
May God bless you as you faithfully serve Him!
Questions or Concerns? Contact our offices
Link to Background Check