Terms of Service
- Payment is due prior to or at the time of service
- Credit card is our preferred method of payment (Visa, MC, Amex, Discover), however, we do accept checks as well in some cases.
- Any balance past due is subject to a 5% late fee. Should your account be sent to a collection agency you will be responsible for collection fees by the collection agency for handling past due payment.
- There is a $30 fee for returned checks.
- We strive to honor requests for specific team members, however cannot guarantee to always send the same Technician for your clean.
- When your requested team member is out due to illness, vacation, family leave, etc, we will send a trusted team member who we feel is a similar fit for your home.
- We will also clearly communicate notes about your service and your home, to the substitute, to help keep things running smoothly.
- Because we turn other appointments away in order to keep our scheduled appointments, we ask for 24 hours notice of cancellations or reschedules. This allows other clients to fill your slot and gives the team member(s) jobs in that same spot when you're unable to have us come.
- When less than 24 hours notice is given, a 20% cancellation fee applies. The same fee applies if we are unable to gain access to your home or office for your scheduled appointment.
- We understand that things come up, tend to be very reasonable and don't like fees, so we will work hard to replace your appointment with another, and when we are able to do so, we will gladly waive the 20% cancellation fee.
- Most of our clients are either at home or provide key access to the home via lockbox.
- We offer free delivery of a lockbox for a one-time fee of $25.
- We can also access the home via use of a code on the door or garage. In this case, we recommend a code that is specific to our company (when that is an option).
- When we have key or code access to the home, our team member(s) will arrive between 8am-4pm.
- When we are meeting someone at your home, we will arrive for either an AM or a PM appointment. For AM, we arrive between 8-10am and for PM, between 12-3pm.
- The rates given by phone are estimates based on the information provided at the time of quoting/booking.
- In extreme cases, if we arrive at your home and find that the service is much deeper than expected, we will contact you within the first hour to discuss options which may include limiting time spent cleaning or increasing the rate.
- Because we do not require any cleaning contracts binding you to a specific number of cleans, you may skip, add, or change your rotation at anytime up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled clean.
- Rates are subject to change at any time and annual adjustments may be necessary to ensure we continue to attract and retain top talent for cleaning your home.
- If your agreed upon rotation changes, your rate may be adjusted to reflect that change. For example, if you scheduled biweekly service but skip a clean, your rate may change to the monthly rate due to it being 4 weeks between cleans instead of 2.
Number of Technicians
- We work in teams of one or more.
- How many team members we send is based on several factors, including the type of clean, job title/skill level within the company, location of home, recurrence, etc.
- Upon request, we will provide rates for a specific number of team members for every clean.
- We are closed on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Many of our staff take time off on days surrounding Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- If you have a clean that falls on a day that we are closed or have limited staff, we will contact you to discuss options for rescheduling.
- We seek feedback from our clients regularly via follow up surveys and periodically via phone call.
- We see feedback as a gift and train our staff to do the same.
- We take your satisfaction seriously!
- Please call us if you are not happy with any areas of your clean and we will correct any problems that are reported within 48 hours.
- Tipping is not expected but is appreciated for a job well done.
- All of our team members are fully trained by our Master Cleaning Technicians (trainers) to provide excellent and consistent service. If you'd like a Master Cleaner (or Sr Cleaner) assigned to your home, we will note and send when possible, in which case a 15% mandatory gratuity applies.
- We accept tips in the form of cash, check, credit card, Venmo or PayPal.
- Maid Affordable works very hard to protect your belongings, however damage does periodically occur.
- We will attempt to repair or replace broken or damaged items up to $500 per loss.
- If something is broken in your home we will notify you.
- Unreported damage must be reported within 24 hours of time it is discovered.
- Please do your due diligence to either stowe or point out items that are antique, sentimental, irreplaceable or should be avoided.
- Please do not attempt to hire our Cleaning Technician(s) directly, outside of Maid Affordable.
- By signing this agreement, you agree that you are liable for an employment referral fee of $1000.00 per person, should you directly employ (either legally or on a cash basis) any Maid Affordable staff member within a six month period of employment with Maid Affordable. You agree to pay this fee whether you notify us of your action or we discover this employment independently at any time after it occurs. You further agree to reimburse us for any and all collection or legal fees we incur in collecting this fee.
- All of our staff are pet friendly; we love pets. That said, even the friendliest pets may bite when startled or uncomfortable with strangers in the home. Please secure pets (i.e. kennel, back yard, room with closed door) while we are in the home.
- We pride ourselves on our honesty and integrity and have a team of very trustworthy, background checked employees.
- For your peace of mind, please secure your important valuables such as jewelry, credit cards, check books, important documents, money, etc.
- We do not clean or handle in any form, blood, urine, or feces in areas outside of toilets.
- We are professionals and do not tolerate harassment in any shape or form.
- We do not work in homes where drug use is occurring.
- We do not climb on counters, bunk beds or any surfaces other than ladders (max 2 steps, provided by you).
- We do not move furniture or items larger than 25 lbs but will use our cleaning tools to get beneath furniture, when possible.
- We do not travel when roads are hazardous going to or from your home. If we expect an impact, we will notify you immediately.
- Like most of us, many of our clients have thermostats set to adjust during the day. Please bear in mind that it can be very uncomfortable, and also inefficient, for team members to clean when the temperature of a home is excessively hot or cold.
- We work well in temps of 70-75 degrees.
- All team members are trained to combat COVID-19 (and other illnesses like flu) while cleaning. We use EPA approved disinfectants and follow protocols from GBAC, OSHA and the CDC.
- We would love to customize your clean. If you have additional items you would like cleaned that are not listed as tasks on your scheduled service, please notify us in advance, so we can provide rates and plan accordingly.
We appreciate your business and look forward to cleaning for you!