Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors of the Essex County LGBT RAIN Foundation. Our mission at the Essex LGBT RAIN Foundation is to get LGBT homeless individuals between 18-26 off the street and transition them into more permanent housing. This work would not be possible without the support of the community volunteers who serve on our governing board.
Our Board Members serve two year terms, set the strategic direction of the organization, and are dedicated to advancing the mission of the Essex County LGBT RAIN Foundation.
Applicants should be:
- At least 25 years of age
- Have a demonstrated history of leadership
- Have a willingness and the time to meet and work as a member of the Board of Directors
- Must have at least 2 years of documented professional experience and/or 3 years of documented entrepreneurial experience
- Have experience in strategic planning, organizational leadership, fundraising, event planning, or community outreach
- Willing to contribute $1000 annually to support the organization (includes personal giving and donations from friends and business associates within the context of fundraising events or otherwise)
Please complete the application in full. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.