1. Cooking teams will consist of two (2) persons.
2. The $150.00 entry fee includes all ingredients for preliminary heats and the finals. Teams must be ready to cook two jambalayas - one for the preliminary heats and one if selected for the finals on Sunday.
3. There will be 3 or 4 preliminary heats, which will consist of no more than 20 cooks.
4. Heat times may be subject to change:
Heat 1 - Friday, November 1st, 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Heat 2 - Saturday, November 2nd, 7:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
Heat 3 - Saturday, November 2nd, 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Heat 4 - Saturday, November 2nd, 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
*Finalists will be announced after the last preliminary heat.
Finals - Sunday, November 3rd, 7:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
*Champion will be announced Sunday afternoon.
5. Cooking ingredients must include:
Preliminary: 5 lbs. rice, 3 lbs. sausage, 6 lbs. pork
Finals: 10 lbs. rice, 6 lbs. sausage, 12 lbs. pork
Other ingredients and seasonings can be chosen from the following:
Yellow Onions, Green Onions, Red Hot Sauce, Celery Black Pepper, Bell Peppers, Red Pepper, Salt Cooking Oil, Garlic (Fresh & Granulated)
*No other personal seasoning allowed in the cooking area. Only ingredients provided by the La Fête Des Bayous will be used. Ingredients will be delivered to the cooking area thirty minutes prior to start time of your heat.
6. Cooks must furnish a black iron pot w/metal lid, paddle, utensils, gas burner, propane & bottle, and their own pop-up tent.
7. Cooks will be furnished two (2) hinged plates for their own sample, no hand sampling.
8. Cooks will be furnished a double-sided ticket, attached to a small styrofoam container. Cooks will remove half of the ticket and keep it in their possession. No cooks will be allowed to move into the final rounds unless a valid/legible ticket is produced for inspection. At the end of the designated heat time, cooks will promptly place the other half of the ticket on the styrofoam container, place it in the ice chest, and bring the ice chest to the trailer.
9. When the heat is finished, immediately remove utensils and tent for the next heat.
10. Only cooks and helpers are allowed in the cooking area, there will be barricades.
11. Trash barrels are provided to dispose of all trash. It's each cook team's responsibility to leave the cooking area clean and free of trash for the next contestants.
12. Grease containers will be provided for used cooking oil disposal. Absolutely NO cooking oil is to be poured on the ground, in drains, or in the bayou.
13. No trailers will be allowed in the cooking area.
Jambalaya Cook-Off Contact: Eric Babin 225-620-4943