* All applications must be entered no later than Friday, September 20th 2019.
* No application fee is required for entry.
* The Applicant must be considered a student developer at the time of entry.
* If an individual, the Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
* To be considered a "student developer", the game has to have been made while being an actively enrolled student.
* Applicants must be prepared to be present to display their game for the 3 days.
* Entered games may run on any platform, but the Applicant must communicate platform needs and provide a playable version to DreamHack for judging purposes.
* The game entered by Applicant must be Applicant's original work.
* If a developer, you may enter more than one title, but only one entry may be selected. If a school, multiple titles may be selected.
DreamHack Staff will review all of the games entered and will consider the criteria such as the following: Gameplay, Quality, Fun Factor, Technique, Design, etc. DreamHack Staff will then select the top games soon after the above mentioned entry deadline, which will then be featured as part of the Student Game Showcase at DreamHack.
* The top games will receive a FREE showcase table within the Student Game Showcase space in the Expo.
* Promotion on DreamHack's dedicated Student Game Showcase page.
* Promotion through DreamHack's social channels.
* Each team representing the game will receive two (2) complimentary DreamHack 3 Day tickets to the event.
* Title of Student Game Showcase Selection. Note that all selected students to the showcase are Selections and there are no winners or additional prizes.
* You will receive a digital laurel for your title.
Each Applicant represents and warrants that:
Applicant has the authority to apply and the person entering the application on Applicant's behalf is authorized to do so.
Applicant's application will not violate any agreement or understanding by which Applicant is bound, including any confidentiality, employment, consulting, intellectual property assignment, or license agreement.
Entry and publication of Applicant's game will not infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
By applying, each Applicant assumes responsibility for and will indemnify, release, and hold harmless DreamHack, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from any and all responsibility or liability arising out of or in connection with: Any breach of Applicant's representations or warranties contained herein; and Applicant's violation of the Rules and any guidelines, policies and terms prescribed by DreamHack.
Except where prohibited, Applicant consents to DreamHack’s use of Applicant's name, likeness, and similar characteristics for the purpose of advertising, selling, or otherwise promoting the Showcase, the Expo, and the Event. Applicant agrees that there will be no financial or other monetary compensation for such use.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
not responsible for: Any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Applicant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated; Technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; Unauthorized human intervention in any part of the application process or the Showcase; Technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Showcase or the processing of applications; or Any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Applicant's participation in the Showcase. If for any reason an Applicant's application is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Applicant's sole remedy is another application in the Showcase.
All preliminary application information and game data that is entered is confidential and will be only viewed by DreamHack. During the Expo, selected nominees will display their games.
reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Showcase for any causes beyond the control of DreamHack that affect the effective administration, proper conduct, or integrity of the Showcase. If this event should occur, DreamHack will post notice on the Student Game Showcase page.