* All applications must be entered no later than Friday, September 13th 2019.
* No application fee is required for entry.
* The Applicant must be considered an independent developer at the time of entry.
* If an individual, the Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
* To be considered an "independent developer", the Applicant must have an example of minimal resources to complete the game. Examples of this are small teams, minimal funding, etc.
* Applicants must be prepared to present their game at the show in person.
* The game entered by Applicant must be Applicant's original work and/or Applicant must have all necessary rights and permissions to enter and publish the game.
* If the Applicant enters a game that uses third-party engines, middleware, or other software, then Applicant must have all necessary rights to commercially publish the game.
* You may enter ONE TITLE ONLY.
*If submitting art, please see this form for eligibility details: https://tinyurl.com/DH-GameArtGallery
Selected applicants will be chosen based upon review of materials entered. These materials will be reviewed by ONLY qualified DreamHack staff with game industry experience that applies.
* Invaluable information on how to properly pitch your game and come prepared.
* Chance to win the title of "Best Game Pitch", which publishers, investors, etc. will appreciate.
* Promotion on DreamHack's dedicated Game Pitch Championship page.
* Promotion through DreamHack's social channels.
* You will receive a digital laurel for your use.
* Each team representing the game will receive two (2) complimentary DreamHack 3 Day tickets to the event.
* $2,500 (DreamHack Atlanta) or 23000 SEK (DreamHack Winter) in prize money with trophy.
* If submitting art, please see this form for perk details: https://tinyurl.com/DH-GameArtGallery
Each Applicant represents and warrants that:
* Applicant has the authority to apply for the Competition and the person entering the application on Applicant's behalf is authorized to do so.
* Applicant's application for and receipt of the Competition will not violate any agreement or understanding by which Applicant is bound, including any confidentiality, employment, consulting, intellectual property assignment, or license agreement.
* Entry and publication of Applicant's game will not infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
By applying for the Competition, each Applicant assumes responsibility for and will indemnify, release, and hold harmless DreamHack, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from any and all responsibility or liability arising out of or in connection with: (a) any breach of Applicant's representations or warranties contained herein; and (b) Applicant's violation of the Rules and any guidelines, policies and terms prescribed by DreamHack.
Except where prohibited, Applicant consents to DreamHack’s use of Applicant's name, likeness, and similar characteristics for the purpose of streaming, advertising, selling, or otherwise promoting the Competition, the Expo, and the Event. Applicant agrees that there will be no financial or other monetary compensation for such use.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Applicant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the application process or the Competition; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of applications; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Applicant's participation in the Competition. If for any reason an Applicant's application is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Applicant's sole remedy is another application in the Competition.
All preliminary application information and game data that is entered is confidential and will be only viewed by DreamHack staff. During the Event, selected nominees will present their pitch in a private room among industry only.
reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Competition for any causes beyond the control of DreamHack that affect the effective administration, proper conduct, or integrity of the Competition. If this event should occur, DreamHack will post notice on the Game Pitch page.