Grauduate Student Request for Travel Funding Related to
Scholarly/Creative Activity for Academic Year 2023-24
The Division of Academic Affairs is pleased to announce support for graduate students who are involved in creative activity or presenting research during Academic Year 2023-24 (which runs from July 1st, 2023 through June 30th, 2024). Participating students can apply for up to $1,000 in travel expense funds for the following categories:
- Travel Expenses (ex: airfare; train ticket; mileage reimbursement if driving, etc.)
- Conference Fees/Registration
Groups of four or more students can apply for a maximum of $4,000 in travel funds per event/conference/activity. Students with GPAs of 3.5 or higher will be given first consideration.
It is expected that the event/conference/activity will be in, or closely related to, a student’s program of study or research. Some examples include:
- Presenting a paper or poster at a national or widely-recognized conference in the student’s discipline
- Participating in a creative activity such as a music performance or theatrical play
It is also expected that students will present results and share their experiences in a forum at Stockton University (Galloway campus or instructional sites), such as a Day of Scholarship exhibit. The amount to be awarded will depend on the quality and thoroughness of the application. If more than one student is applying for the same event/conference/activity, only one Student Request Form for Travel Funding is required, but all students names must be included on the official confirmation of the conference acceptance and the letter of support from a faculty mentor or preceptor.
Students should submit their application materials at least four weeks before event travel. Funds must be encumbered by May 15, 2024 and expended by June 15, 2024. Unexpended funds will not be available beyond the 2024 Fiscal Year (which ends June 30th, 2024). Students must make arrangements for expenditures through their Dean’s Office(s) and follow all applicable University policies. Travel and event documentation is required for reimbursement. Reservation confirmations (conference registration, hotel, airline, car rental etc.) should be included with the application. Paid receipts of the same are required after the event for reimbursement to occur. Note: a Stockton graduate is eligible to apply for Student Travel Funds for creative/scholarly activity scheduled in the term following graduation.
Contact Joseph Cronin, Executive Director, Grants, at email@example.com for information on specific requirements for Stockton graduates.
The following materials must be submitted:
- A completed copy of the Student Request Form for Travel Funding (next page), with names of all students included.
- Official confirmation of conference acceptance (names of all students must appear).
- A letter of support from a faculty mentor or preceptor (names of all students must appear).
- A transcript from each student (unofficial is acceptable).
- Information regarding previous STF funding (if applicable) – such as a previous year’s awardletter.
- Reservation estimates (hotel, airline, car rental etc.) You may want to screenshot an estimated cost of hotel, airline and car rentals and confirm those reservations after Student Travel Funds are awarded.