Wiegers Financial and Insurance Planning Services Ltd. values your business and we thank you for your confidence in choosing our firm as your source of financial advice and products. As our client, you trust us with your personal information. We respect that trust and want you to be aware of our commitment to protect the information you share in the course of doing business with us.
Your Rights as They Pertain to Your Personal Information
- You have the right to know why we collect, use or disclose your personal information.
- You have the right to expect us to handle your information reasonably and to not use it for any other purpose other than the one to which you consented.
- You have the right to know who at Wiegers Financial and Insurance Planning Services Ltd. is responsible for protecting your information.
- You have the right to expect us to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure.
- You have the right to inspect the information we hold about you and make sure it is accurate, complete and current.
- You have the right to expect that we will destroy your information when requested or when no longer required for the intended original purpose.
- You have the right to confidentially complain to us about how we handle your information and to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada if need be.
How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Information
When you do business with us, you share personal information so that we may provide you with products and services that best meet your needs. We assume your consent for our firm to use this information in an appropriate manner. We may use and disclose this information in order to:
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assess your application for investment, insurance and other services available to you by our firm.
- Evaluate claims and underwriting risks when required.
- Detect and prevent fraud.
- Analyze business results.
- Act as required or authorized by law.
What We Will Not Do With Your Information
We will not sell, trade or lend your personal information to any third parties unless lawfully permitted or required, or we have your consent to do so.
We Strive to Protect Your Personal Information
All employees, associated advisors and suppliers who are granted access to records understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. They know they are to use the information only for the purposes intended. This expectation is clearly communicated. We’ve also established physical and systems safeguards, along with proper processes, to protect client information from unauthorized access or use.
Your Privacy Choices
You may withdraw your consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual obligations and on providing us reasonable notice) by advising our office in writing. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with requested products or services. We may occasionally use your personal information to advise you of products or services we believe may be of interest to you or fit your personal circumstances. If you would rather not receive this type of communication, please advise our office in writing.