ART ON CONSTRUCTION FENCE PROGRAM
The Art on Construction Fence Program is operated under the City’s Mural Program, which is administered by the Arts Division as part of the Art on the Outside Program. The Art on Construction Fence Program enriches the existing Mural Program but follows an independent, expedited review process with Arts Division staff.
Commercial Properties of 10,000 sqft or more
One street-facing frontage of at least 75 linear feet
All other commercial properties under construction may install temporary art on to the property's construction fence, provided that the fence complies with the Building Code of the City of West Hollywood and the project's construction mitigation plan, and that the art complie3s with the provision in the Zone Ordinance 19.20.240.
1. Applicant shall select an artist from the WEHO Muralist Roster for the Art on Construction Fence project. Alternatively, the applicant may submit an artist application to the WEHO Muralist Roster to be reviewed by Arts Division staff in tandem with the Art on Construction Fence application.
2. Applicant shall submit an Art on Construction Fence Application online.
3. Arts Division staff will review the application using the Art on the Outside Review and Evaluation Criteria, established by the Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission, and will notify the applicant within ten (10) business days with approval or request for changes to the application.
4. Once the Art on Construction Fence application is approved the applicant must submit a Zone Clearance Permit and pay the over the counter permit fee. If you have any questions regarding the Zone Clearance Permit application or fees, you should call the Planning Counter at 323-848-6475 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Applicant shall submit photographic documentation of the completed installation of the artwork on construction fence to Arts Division staff within fourteen (14) days of installation.