Scorpions Volleyball Coaches Code of Conduct
● Must ensure all members of the coaching staff follow and enforce codes of conduct including rules and regulations as put forth by Volleyball Canada, the Ontario Volleyball Association and the Scorpions Youth Volleyball Club Inc.
● Will treat all participants in a manner that promotes fairness, integrity and mutual respect.
● Must refrain from making comments or gestures that are disrespectful, offensive, abusive, racist or sexist in any way.
● Will set a fine example for all children and be a role model for participants on and off the court.
● Will promote and enforce all safety regulations to protect the health and welfare of all participants.
● Verify to the best of your ability that all players are healthy and physically fit prior to allowing them on the court.
● Will remember that children are involved in volleyball for the fun and enjoyment of the game. Players must learn how to win or lose with dignity and respect for all participants.
● Will promote teamwork and encourage all players to have confidence in themselves through effective coaching techniques and positive reinforcement.
● Must remember that all players need and deserve their fair share of court time to improve and develop volleyball skills.
● Must be reasonable when scheduling extra games or practices, remembering that players have other interests and obligations.
● Will teach participants to play fair and respect the rules of the game, opponents and officials.
● Will strive to ensure that all players get equal instruction, guidance and support.
● Must ensure that no player is subjected to harassment or abuse as a result of a poor performance or mistakes made during a practice or game.
● Will obtain necessary training and certification to upgrade and improve coaching skills and knowledge.
● Will work in cooperation with SYVC members and founder to provide a fun and safe environment that is free of harassment or abuse.
● Failure to comply with this code of conduct will result in disciplinary action.