2) Method of Payment. PSCR will withdraw an invoiced amount every month via credit card. A fee of $25 will be charged for each incident of insufficient funds.
3) Technology. The Client shall use and pay the approved vendor as the clearing house
4) Referral discount. The Client will receive a twenty-five (25%) percent, up to $500.00 discount from one-month fee upon signing up a Billing Service Agreement between PSCR and every new client referred by the Client.
5) Accrued Interest. Any Fee not paid within thirty (30) days of the end of the preceding calendar month shall accrue interest payable by the Client to PSCR at the rate of 1.00% per month on such outstanding Fee (“Interest”).
d. Office Equipment. The Client is responsible for purchase, installation, operation, and maintenance of all required office equipment, including faxes, computers, Internet connectivity, telephones, etc. PSCR will use reasonable commercial efforts to help the Client set up a daily workflow in their office to enable PSCR to bill insurance for the Client, set up a computer for the purposes of this activity and for submitting the proper paperwork for electronic claims submission before the start of the term.
1) The client can use the full EHR Platinum system at no charge including the Service Contract as long as the Agreement is valid.
2) All software/applications installed by PSCR to proceed with the billing remain the property of PSCR and will be removed or inactivated from Client's computers when the Agreement is terminated.
2. Duties of PSCR.
a. Insurance Billing. PSCR will manage all insurance claims and payments for the Client. PSCR will submit claims and post payments in Client's Platinum system. PSCR will send and manage task through its insurance dashboard system in order to maximize insurance payments for the Client. To the best of his capacity, PSCR will find the reasons for denials and, when possible, will do all necessary and legal actions to minimize claims denials. PSCR will not add/remove/change any services, diagnostics codes or modifiers.
b. Billing. Additionally, PSCR shall receive and respond to inquiries and disputes about Accounts and may communicate with the Client, as necessary, to resolve such inquiries and disputes, as the case may be.
c. Accounting: Reports. PSCR shall maintain reports of the Services rendered. The reports will monitor successful functions of billing operations with reference to charge and payment. d. Limited Authority. As applicable to providing the Services, PSCR shall defer to the Client on any issues involving professional medical judgment, diagnoses, treatment and procedure.
3. Term. This Agreement shall commence as at the Effective Date and shall extend until terminated in accordance with Section 4 below.
a. Voluntary Termination. Either party may terminate this Agreement upon thirty (30) days written notice signed by the terminating party of their intention to terminate this Agreement.
b. Termination for Cause. Upon written notice to the terminated party, the terminating party may terminate this Agreement immediately in the event of any of the following:
I. Terminated party has committed or may imminently commit fraud or illegal conduct in the generation, origination, tender, proffer, billing or collection of any of the Accounts;
II. Terminated party has, or may imminently, assign, pledge, hypothecate, borrow against, finance, factor or sell any of the Accounts;
III. Bankruptcy of the Terminated party, whether voluntary or involuntary;
IV. Any dishonest, unethical or illegal conduct of the Terminated party that may have an adverse effect on the reputation of the Terminating party;
V. Gross negligent, intentional or willful conduct that actually or imminently threatens to disparage the reputation of the Terminating party; or
VI. Any breach of this Agreement.
5. Protected Health Information.
a. Transaction History. PSCR reserves the right to collect transaction history and to use the statistical information derived from such history in providing further enhancement to its service that is used to support Client. In no event shall PSCR publish information about individual transactions. Insurance @platinumsystem.com 888-880-8602 toll-free client's initials 3
b. HIPAA Compliance. Each party acknowledges that the laws of the United States prohibits any person who has received Protected Health Information (“PHI”), as defined by HIPAA from using or further disclosing such PHI other than as permitted or required by this Agreement and law. Both parties agree to protect the confidentiality of PHI.
The Client shall indemnify and hold PSCR harmless forever from any and all costs, expenses, fines, penalties, judgments, levies, liens and bonds resulting from any claims, actions, disputes, suits, judgments, fines, penalties or otherwise resulting from the conduct, whether an act or omission to act, of the Client. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, this Section 6(c) shall survive termination of this Agreement.
PSCR shall indemnify and hold the Client harmless forever from any and all costs, expenses, fines, penalties, judgments, levies, liens and bonds resulting from any claims, actions, disputes, suits, judgments, fines, penalties or otherwise resulting from the conduct, whether an act or omission to act, of PSCR. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, this Section 6(c) shall survive termination of this Agreement.
7. Representations by Client. The Client represents and warrants that it is duly authorized to enter into this Agreement and that the person executing this Agreement on its behalf is a duly authorized officer or agent of Client. The Client further represents and warrants that it has not pledged, sold, hypothecated, encumbered, factored, or borrowed against any Accounts.
8. Agency Relationship. Nothing in this Agreement creates an employer-employee relationship, joint venture or partnership arrangement. PSCR is an independent contractor acting as an agent with limited power of attorney on the Client’s behalf, as described in Section 1(a) herein. Except for information to be provided to PSCR by the Client in accordance with this Agreement, PSCR and the Client shall maintain their own separate books and records of their operations.
9. Assignment. The Client’s rights and obligations hereunder may not be assigned, and any assignment or attempted assignment shall be deemed null and void.
10. Modification. This Agreement may not be orally canceled, changed, modified, or amended, and no cancellation, change, modification or amendment shall be effective or binding, unless in writing and signed by the parties to this Agreement.
11. Notice. Any notice, request, instruction or other document to be given hereunder by either party hereto to the other shall be in writing, sent and delivered by certified or registered mail, postage prepaid, return receipt requested, to the address set forth for such party herein above OR by email with a read confirmation notice. Any party may change the address/email address to which notices are to be sent by giving notice of such change of address to the other parties in the manner herein provided for giving notice.
12. Limitation of Liability. Except for liability in connection with the terms and conditions herein, neither party shall have any liability to the other for special, incidental, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages arising from performance or nonperformance of this agreement or any acts or omissions associated therewith or related to the use of any items or services furnished hereunder, whether the basis of the liability is breach of contract, tort (including negligence and strict liability), statues, or any other legal theory. In no case shall PSCR’s liability in connection with this agreement exceed the amount of the fees paid by the client hereunder during the three (3) month period immediately preceding the event giving rise to the claim by the client.
13. Applicable Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Barbados.
14. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in one or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original and each of which may be introduced as evidence or used for any other purpose without the production of its duplicate or other counterparts.
15. Entire Agreement. This Agreement represents the entire agreement among the parties, with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all prior agreements or understandings relating to any and all rights and obligations, written or oral, are nullified and superseded hereby.
16. Headings. The headings contained in this Agreement are for reference purposes only, and shall not affect the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have set their hands and seals unto this Billing Service Agreement on the respective dates written below.