I have read through all of the Children's Ministry Personnel Policies and Procedural Policies and agree with it.
I have read through Lighthouse's statement of faith and agree with it. If you do not agree with any of the statements, please explain below:
Permission for background check: I give Lighthouse Community Church permission to verify all information provided on this application. I am also consenting to having a Live Scan background check and understand that any criminal history may prevent me from serving in the children's ministry at the discretion of the elders. All personal information learned from the background check will be held confidential by the elders and church staff.
Statement of Integrity: I affirm, to the best of my knowledge, that the information I provided on this application is correct.
Lighthouse Community Church (LCC) is committed to providing a supportive and caring service environment. See Galatians 3:13-14 (“For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”). Consistent with this commitment and with California law, LCC maintains a strict policy prohibiting unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. It is important for you to understand that jokes, stories, cartoons, nicknames, and comments about appearance may be offensive to others.
Sexual harassment of volunteers by LCC leadership, staff members, supervisors, or co-volunteers is prohibited. Unlawful sexual harassment includes unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal, visual, or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
Examples of sexual harassment include unwelcome sexual flirtations, advances, or propositions, verbal abuse of a sexual nature; subtle pressure or requests for sexual activities; unnecessary touching of an individual; graphic comments about an individual's body; a display of sexually suggestive objects or pictures; sexually explicit or offensive jokes; or physical assault.
If you believe you are being, or have been, harassed in any way, please report the facts of the incident or incidents to an elder or LCC staff member immediately. Violation of this policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including possible immediate dismissal from the volunteer program, church discipline, and appropriate legal action by LCC.
I have read, understand, and agree to abide and be bound by the above-referenced policy.
This Release and Waiver of Liability, upon execution below, releases LCC Community Church (“LCC”), , a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of California, and each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents. The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer services for LCC and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer.
Volunteer understands that the scope of Volunteer’s relationship with LCC is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by Volunteer; that LCC will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer; and that Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Volunteer’s services to LCC.
1. Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless LCC and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to LCC. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges LCC from any liability or claim that I may have against LCC with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to LCC or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
2. Insurance: Further, I understand that LCC does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of LCC beyond what may be offered freely by LCC in the event of personal or property injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
3. Medical Treatment: I hereby release and forever discharge LCC from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with LCC.
4. Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to LCC may include activities that may be hazardous to me including, but not limited to inherently dangerous activities. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and release LCC from all liability.
5. Media Release: I grant and convey to LCC all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by LCC in connection with my provision of volunteer services to LCC.
6. Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, and that this release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of California, including but not limited to a waiver of California Civil Code 1542, which provides:
A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.
I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this LCC is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this LCC shall not be affected.
By signing below, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this release and Waiver of Liability willingly and voluntarily.