Read and follow the instructions carefully prior to submitting your application. All applicants will be notified on or before the 28th of February, 2018, whether they’ve been accepted. The applicant is responsible for making sure all of their components are submitted.
The applicant is responsible for making sure all of their components are submitted.
1) Completed Application.
2) Letter of Interest from the applicant. This letter should indicate the applicant short and long‐term goals in their identified areas of interest, and any additional social justice and career aspirations. The applicant should draw on previous leadership experiences to substantiate her or his ability to serve successfully in a community leadership capacity as a representative of underrepresented African American people and communities. The applicant should also speak to how they will continue to remain accountable to the community throughout their work, especially as they become employed in leadership positions, or appointed to boards or commissions.
3) A Nominating Letter from a decision maker in an organization with which the applicant is or has been affiliated. This letter should clearly indicate at least two leadership areas for which the applicant is well suited.
Successful applicants will be required to commit to:
1) Attendance at a one-hour Monthly Meeting on the 2nd Saturday of each month, between March and November.
2) Attendance at a half day Training Session every other month, on the 1st Saturday between April and November.
3) A 2-hour Mentorship each month.
4) Undertaking a Community Service Project in an area of personal interest.