1. Obtain two personal recommendations:
a. Print out two copies of the recommendation form (located under "prospective members" on the pvassembly.org website).
b. Have two adult members of the community complete recommendations on your behalf. Examples of appropriate recommenders include: teachers, counselors, coaches, work supervisors, religious leaders and Patronesses of The Palos Verdes Assembly.
c. Collect the completed recommendations. Be sure the people writing your recommendation understand that they are to return the forms to you promptly so you may submit them with your application prior to the deadline.
d. Scan these recommendations as two separate pdf files to your computer in order to submit them with your application. If you do not have access to a scanner, we suggest downloading a scan app to your smart phone (such as Genius Scan). Photos may also be used, but are not preferred.
2. Write an essay (250 words or less) explaining your interest in participating in Palos Verdes Assembly. This essay must be written by hand. Only the contents of the paragraph will be considered. Penmanship will not affect the decision as long as the essay is legible.
a. Print out the personal essay form (located under "prospective members" on the pvassembly.org website).
b. Compose your essay in your own writing (cursive or printing is acceptable).
c. Scan your essay to your computer in order to submit it with your application. If you do not have access to a scanner, we suggest downloading a scan app to your smart phone (such as Genius Scan). Photos may also be used, but are not preferred.
3. Complete this application form. You will be prompted to upload your scanned documents during the completion of your application.
a. Parents and applicants must read and electronically sign the Membership Policies and Code of Conduct.
b. Parents and applicants must complete and electronically sign the Liability and Photo release forms.
c. Parents and applicants must complete and electronically sign the Medical Emergency Information section.
d. Parents may complete the optional Parent Interest Finder. A parent's willingness to volunteer as a Patroness of The Palos Verdes Assembly has no impact upon the membership decision.
4. Send no money at this time.
5. Submit your application online within the submission window. Any applications submitted outside of this window will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com